Auto Log In

For information and questions on how to use the discussion board (do not post ostomy related questions in this area!).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct. This particular area of our board is only for issues on how to use the board, not for ostomy-related questions!
ChicagoDan

Auto Log In

Post by ChicagoDan »

In the log in area there is a box for Auto log . Checked it many times, however I still have to manually log in each time I enter discussion Board.

Not a big deal --- just wondering if I'm missing something.
Bob Webtech
Site Admin

Post by Bob Webtech »

Hi Dan,

Yes, our board includes a "Log me on automatically each visit" checkbox on the Login screen. One subtlety about this feature is to avoid using the "Logout" button. When you've finished a session, simply close your browser (without clicking Logout). Then, you should automatically get logged in when you access our board again using this particular web browser (as long as you don't wait longer than a specified interval which I've set to 30 days). However, as soon as you click "Logout," your session is terminated, and you'll need to log in manually to start another session.

Another point: make sure your browser is configured to accept cookies. This auto-login feature depends on a cookie stored on your browser that gets you logged in when you access the board again.

Some warnings about the auto-login feature: It's probably not appropriate on a computer that you share with other people, since the others would get logged on as you when they access our board. And perhaps most importantly, if you get logged on automatically all the time, you may forget your login info and lose the ability to log on manually when you need to.

Also, please be aware that most web browsers will, by default, try to remember passwords for sites (you can disable that behavior, if you wish, in your browser's Options/Preferences settings). But that's very different from the board's auto-login ("Log me on automatically each visit") feature. If you see Login prompts but some of the information gets filled in automatically, it's because your own web browser remembered that information. However, when you use the board's auto-login feature, you never see Login prompts at all, because you get logged on as soon as you access the board.

Bob
ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan »

Thanks for all the info, Bob.

Dan