Increasing the displayed text size

For information and questions on how to use the discussion board (do not post ostomy related questions in this area!).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct. This particular area of our board is only for issues on how to use the board, not for ostomy-related questions!
Bob Webtech
Site Admin

Increasing the displayed text size

Post by Bob Webtech »

Some users have complained that the text on this board is too small to read easily. I have made two changes to reduce this problem: (1) I've slightly increased the default size that text is normally displayed to all users, even when you aren't logged in. (2) I've provided a way you can increase the size further, although this works only when you're logged in to the board: Click the "Profile" button at the top to edit your Profile. Scroll down to the "Board Style" selector near the bottom. In addition to the software's default style (called "subSilver"), you'll find another called "biggerText" which makes the text somewhat bigger.

Added note: In addition to the "biggerText" style described above, I have now added another called "bignBold" which displays all text within postings in boldface in addition to displaying bigger than the default subSilver style. The main problem with this bignBold style is that when a poster attempts to set part of their message in boldface (by using the "b" bbcode tag), that portion won't look any different than the rest of their message when viewed using the bignBold style (because you'll see their whole message in boldface!).

Aside from these measures to change text size within the board, you can also use your browser's settings to change displayed text size on any web page. In many browsers (such as Firefox), you can choose a menu option like:
View > Text Size > Increase
Unfortunately, in Internet Explorer for Windows (the world's most commonly used browser), the analogous menu selection has no effect on most modern websites. However, there is a workaround. In IE for Windows, choose:
Tools > Internet Options...
and click the Accessibility... button, then select the checkbox "Ignore font sizes specified on Web pages". After doing this, all text on web pages will appear at the same size, but you can adjust this size using the View > Text Size menu selection.