Adjust your Profile for end of Daylight Savings Time

For information and questions on how to use the discussion board (do not post ostomy related questions in this area!).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct. This particular area of our board is only for issues on how to use the board, not for ostomy-related questions!
Bob Webtech
Site Admin

Adjust your Profile for end of Daylight Savings Time

Post by Bob Webtech »

The software we're using for this discussion board doesn't adjust automatically for daylight savings time (summer time), which is now ending in much of the US and UK. If you've configured your Profile to show times correctly in your local time zone according to daylight time, you may need to adjust it by an hour in order to continue displaying times correctly in standard time.

For example, if you live in the Eastern US, you would have set your time zone to "GMT - 4 Hours" while daylight savings time was in effect. Now you'd have to reset it to "GMT - 5 Hours".

I have now made this 1 hour adjustment for the board's default time zone setting, which now displays Eastern Standard Time (I chose Eastern time because most of the UOAA officers live in the Eastern US; I personally live in the Central time zone). You see times in the default time zone when you aren't logged in. When you do log in, you see times in whatever local time you've configured in your Profile.
Eric E

I am always confused...

Post by Eric E »

Hey Bob,

For people like me, who have no sense of time... alright, I live on the West Coast, which is 3-hours earlier than the East Coast. Does that mean I should reset my time to GMT - 8? Just checking. I wonder if anyone else was confused, like me. Thanks for reminding me too! I might have woken up at some odd hour tomorrow! Out.
Bob Webtech
Site Admin

Re: I am always confused...

Post by Bob Webtech »

Eric,

Yes, on the West Coast set it to GMT - 8 Hours to display Pacific Standard Time (and during the summer, set it to GMT - 7 Hours to display Pacific Daylight Time).