3rd Quarter Country Report

For discussing international ostomy issues, including matters relating to the International Ostomy Association (IOA) and its member associations.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.
Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
LeeAnn

3rd Quarter Country Report

Post by LeeAnn »

I would like to share the 3rd Quarter Country Report with all who may be interested.

NCACOA Country Report 7.10

UOAA convened their second Management Board of directors meeting in April, 2010, with all the board members present, including President Kristin Knipp, President-elect David Rudzin, Vice-president LeeAnn Barcus, Secretary Carol Haack and Treasurer Scott Bowling.

April’s meeting concluded with the organization’s focus for the coming year project status updates given. Among projects that were updated are a college and university outreach, a focus on locating and serving the Spanish-speaking ostomate community in the United States, a comprehensive ‘ASG in a Box’ project designed to assist in the start of new local support groups and provide resources for existing groups, and preparations for an Ostomy Summit which will bring together organizations holding a stake in the ostomy community for a consensus conference. In addition, UOAA will continue to focus on public awareness and promotion of current educational materials. UOAA also held, in conjunction with the Board meeting, a Leadership Training session in Dallas, Texas. UOAA has recently launched a new website design and obtained the domain www.ostomy.org . UOAA is holding its First Annual Ostomy Awareness Day through Social media on Sunday, July 25, 2010.

UOAA Board members were present to exhibit at both the American Society of Colon & Rectal Surgeons conference in May, the combined WOCN/WCET conference in June and the Oley Foundation Conference in July.

Upcoming UOAA events include Leadership Training Seminars and Regional Conferences in Tacoma, Washington in August and Washington D. C. in October. UOAA representatives will also be in attendance to the Canadian Ostomy Conference in Novia Scotia, Canada and the NCACOA House of Delegates meeting and IOA event to be held in Frankfurt, Germany. UOAA is looking forward to taking an active role in the Regional activities in the new IOA organization.

UOAA currently represents over 300 ostomy support groups across the United States, Puerto Rico, and Bermuda

---------------------

LeeAnn
You are always right where you need to be to take the next step beyond .GF
PatrikB

Re: 3rd Quarter Country Report

Post by PatrikB »

Sounds pretty interesting. When is that event in Frankfurt? It's not so far from me. I am often there :-)
I am an agent of change...yoga is my passion. RYT-200 (Yoga Teacher).
LeeAnn

Post by LeeAnn »

Patrik,
It is a meeting of the leadership of the International Ostomy Association and the delegated officials for different countries..... I will get more info on this for you and post it here. I am sorry to say that I am not totally familiar with what goes on at these meetings, but I will find out and let you know.

LeeAnn
You are always right where you need to be to take the next step beyond .GF
LindaAukett UOAA Advocacy

Post by LindaAukett UOAA Advocacy »

Hi PatrikB,

LeeAnn is correct about the fact that the November meeting in Frankfurt is designed for IOA leadership. Each member country is allowed a certain number of delegates, chosen by the national association to carry their votes to do the business of IOA. This House of Delegates has been conducted every 3 years in different locations around the world.

IOA member associations have national meetings or conferences that provide information for individuals living with an ostomy, a chance to exchange information and experience, and to conduct the national association's business. You can learn about such meetings planned by the Deutsche ILCO at their website: www.ilco.de or write to them at info@ilco.de .

Readers from other countries can find your national association within the region listings at http://www.ostomyinternational.org/Regional.htm , for details about such meetings in your country.

Linda
Immediate Past President of the IOA Region for North and Central America and the Caribbean

PS - Patrik, my husband will attend the Frankfurt meeting on behalf of UOAA (along with UOAA President Kristin), then our daughter, grand-daughter and I will join him for some sight-seeing from Frankfurt to Munich. I would welcome any suggestions you might have about interesting places to visit.
PatrikB

Post by PatrikB »

Hi Linda,
Thanks for the explanation, I hope you enjoy your visit and the meeting will be fruitful.
Actually I will be in Frankfurt that weekend as it is the final weekend for my yoga teacher training there :-) Interesting coincidence.
You could send me a private message, about where you want to go sight seeing, Frankfurt or Munich or both...I have been to both cities, and will be going to Munich in a few weeks again. And if you like we could connect in Frankfurt that weekend just to say hello ;-)
best
patrik
I am an agent of change...yoga is my passion. RYT-200 (Yoga Teacher).