Problems logging in to new board

For information and questions on how to use the discussion board (do not post ostomy related questions in this area!).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct. This particular area of our board is only for issues on how to use the board, not for ostomy-related questions!
Bob Webtech
Site Admin

Problems logging in to new board

Post by Bob Webtech »

Note: I originally posted this article after we upgraded our board software in November 2008. As a result of that upgrade, some existing users found themselves unable to log in. This article remains relevant, however, to many other situations where existing users are unable to log in.

Note 2: These instructions are for existing users who have already logged in successfully, but find that they can no longer login. If you are a brand new user who has never logged in, please make sure that you have "activated" your account by using the activation link in the "Welcome" email that our software should have sent you when you registered.

Note 3: If you have logged in successfully in the past but you've never posted any messages in this board, and it's been a long time since your last login (e.g., over 6 months), it's possible that your account was deleted due to inactivity. If that has happened, you'll need to register a new account.

Perhaps the most important advice: If you think you are already registered in this board, especially if you have already posted messages in this board, please do not re-register! If your account is still in the board, we can surely get it working again.

In most cases, you should be able to get your account working by using the I forgot my password feature on the Login screen. Some information about using this feature:

It's important to understand that "I forgot my password" doesn't tell you what your existing password is. Instead, it emails you a link that enables you to set a new password. For security, it will only send the password reset link to the e-mail address that's in your account profile. This can be a problem if your email address has changed. In that case, I can update your profile for you. If you need this done, then send me an e-mail and, in your request, please include your username, the old e-mail address that's in your profile, and your new e-mail address.

Be aware that once you've made a certain number of unsuccessful login attempts, logging in requires solving a "Captcha" (a challenge to demonstrate that you're a human) in addition to entering username and password. And this remains true even after resetting your password using the "I forgot my password" feature. So you may need to solve a Captcha while logging in with your new password.

If the "I forgot my password" feature won't work for you, no matter how hard you try, you can tell me your desired password, and I can set it for you. If you want me to do this, then send me an e-mail and include your username, the e-mail address that's currently in your account profile, your new e-mail if it has changed, and your desired password.
Bob Baumel, UOAA discussion board administrator
Mrsg29

Re: Problems logging in to new board

Post by Mrsg29 »

I cannot figure out how to post my questions? Where do I go ingenerl discussions?
Bob Webtech
Site Admin

Re: Problems logging in to new board

Post by Bob Webtech »

To post a question that starts a new topic, go into the forum where you wish to post your question, such as our General Forum. Then click the "New Topic" button above or below the list of topics which looks as follows:

Bob Baumel, UOAA discussion board administrator