Post a Picture

For information and questions on how to use the discussion board (do not post ostomy related questions in this area!).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct. This particular area of our board is only for issues on how to use the board, not for ostomy-related questions!
Chris Penna

Post a Picture

Post by Chris Penna »

I have tried and tried to post a picture to go with my user name and can't seem to do it!

Whats the secret????
Permenant Sigmoid Colostomy
Colon Rectal Cancer 2007
niteseer

Re: Post a Picture

Post by niteseer »

Go to User Control Panel (top left of screen), then to Profile, then to Edit Avatar. Look for the blank box that has Browse next to it. Click Browse to find the photo on your computer that you want to upload. That will let you access your image from your computer. When you find where your photo is, double click it, and the location will be put in the box. Then just click Submit, and that should work. I believe the max avatar size is 80 pixels by 80 pixels. If your photo is larger than this, you will need to resize it down to this size.
aka: Ellen
colostomy,hernia op x 2; bowel obst x 4;hernias again
D686

Post by D686 »

I'm not sure Aileen, but I think s/he might be talking about an actual picture as opposed to changing hir avatar?

Chris, you must first upload the picture you want to a linkable webspace. If you don't know what that is then we stop here. If you do, then you will right-click on the image and save the url. Come back here and type:

{img}your link goes here{/img}

replacing the {} with []

If you don't know how to upload a picture or where to upload it then I can come back in a few hours.

MOD EDIT: Moved topic to "Beyond The Pouch forum
Edited again: Moved to "Help Using the Discussion Board" forum
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

use Photobucket
Bob Webtech
Site Admin

Post by Bob Webtech »

If you want to add an avatar (the little picture to display above your name to the right of your posts), see existing thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=158
or if you want to post a picture in the body of a post, see thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9748
Bob Baumel, UOAA discussion board administrator