New Urostomy Website & Forum Launched

This is the place to post announcements for chat rooms, support group special events and newsletters (please do not post such messages in the regular discussion forums).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
usg

New Urostomy Website & Forum Launched

Post by usg »

As far as I know, there has never been,or there isn't now, a website & forum dedicated to anyone that has had, or about to undergo surgery to create a urinary diversion which we all refer to as a urostomy. This is probably due to the fact that of the three diversions, (colostomy,ileostomy,urostomy) we have the lowest numbers.

Even so, there are believed to be thousands of urostomates worldwide, all going about their business and living their lives to the full. After all, anyone that has been through this procedure will have had it performed because of failing health and as such, the urostomy will have given them that better quality of life they may well have missed.

To meet someone that has had this surgery performed, can be extremely uplifting and encouraging, however that's the perfect world, but we all know only too well, we don't live in that so-called perfect world.

Mindful of that, I decided to create a unique website & forum, dedicated to anyone with a urostomy, where every aspect of life leading up to, during and after, could be addressed.

My aim is to recruit people,young and old, from all quarters of the globe, to join with us and produce what no-one else has ever done before, which I have called the UROSTOMY SUPPORT GROUP, or USG for short.

We do what we say we do, that is to provide information, support, help and friendship.

My invitation to you is to visit us on http://www.urostomy.co.cc and see for yourself, you could of course go directly to our forum http://www.urostomy.co.cc/forum/index.php and have a thorough read.

There is an opportunity to register in order to post which we hope you will do. Further to that, we hope that you would visit us frequently and post often.

We aim to help you. You may well help someone else. Please become part of USG.

All the Best
Alastair
Website & Forum, Owner & Administrator
squid56

Re: New Urostomy Website & Forum Launched

Post by squid56 »

I just tried joining your group and for some reason it just telling me that my information is incorrect. Is that because I am from the U.S.?