NE Ohio Support Group

This is the place to post announcements for chat rooms, support group special events and newsletters (please do not post such messages in the regular discussion forums).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
victak57

NE Ohio Support Group

Post by victak57 »

I am the president of the Portage County Ostomy Association that recently joined UOAA. We would like to invite new ostomates, along with friends and families to our meetings. Our next scheduled meeting is September 8th at 6:00 p.m. (We take July and August off) It's a great meeting to visit - we have a pot luck dinner, everyone brings something to share and we have a wonderful array of food! This meeting is a potpourri of ideas, problems and solutions that we share among ourselves as opposed to a speaker.

We meet at Robinson Memorial Hospital on North Chestnut Street in Ravenna (intersection of Rt. 14 and Rt. 44) - enter to the far left in the Professional Building and make an immediate right. Our meeting is held close to the entry door, not a far walk at all. If you would like further information - please leave a note here and I will answer!

Normal meetings are held on the first Monday of the month (except for September because of Labor Day) and we do not meet in July and August). Meetings are held at 7:00 p.m., unless we are having a special event like a potluck (which we do in September and December - and then we have a banquet in June!). But don't worry, you'll receive a newsletter or postcard to keep you up-to-date on the events.

If you're reading this and are with another support group and would like to exchange newsletters, I would love to add you to our mailing list!