** Remember to check the full support group list

This is the place to post announcements for chat rooms, support group special events and newsletters (please do not post such messages in the regular discussion forums).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
LindaAukett UOAA Advocacy

** Remember to check the full support group list

Post by LindaAukett UOAA Advocacy »

Looking for a support group? You may find an immediate answer to your query by checking elsewhere on this site ... UOAA has over 300 support groups around the country, that are listed at this link: www.ostomy.org/supportgroups.shtml . They are listed by state, complete with email and phone number. Take a little detour there and check it out - you will be welcomed at any one of them :)
962gyrqz8

confuse

Post by 962gyrqz8 »

Hi Linda my name joe First time to this site. Hope you will help me. Looking for people with continent-ileostomy ,I work nights and can not attain the local group around here. Looking for feed back. thank you
LindaAukett UOAA Advocacy

Re: ** Remember to check the full support group list

Post by LindaAukett UOAA Advocacy »

On that same page listing support groups, you will see a group at the top of the list called "Virtual (non-local) groups". The very first one is for the Continent Diversion Network. If you click on Lynne's name at the right of that list, you can send her an email as well.

Also, on this very forum go up to the top and click on "Board Index" and then click on "Continent diversion forum". Ask your specific questions there, where there are several people who have a continent ileostomy.

Welcome, and good luck!
962gyrqz8

Post by 962gyrqz8 »

thank you for your reply.
KGVA John

Post by KGVA John »

I checked the list and did not find mention of the Ostomy Support Group in Fredericksburg...

Copying from our current flier: The group is "a satelite of the Ostomy Support Group of Northern Virginia, LLC (OSGNV, LLC) OSGNV, LLC is an Affiliated Support Group of the United Ostomy Associations of America, Inv (UOAA)".

We meet (Usually) on the third Tuesday of the month @ 6:30pm in Classroom A of the Tompkins-Martin Plaza of Mary Washington Hospital, 1001 Sam Perry Blvd Fredericksburg, Va

Contact Health Link540.741.1404 or 800.722.2788 for more info.
-- John