Fredericksburg VA Meeting Tue Aug 19 @6:30pm

This is the place to post announcements for chat rooms, support group special events and newsletters (please do not post such messages in the regular discussion forums).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
KGVA John

Fredericksburg VA Meeting Tue Aug 19 @6:30pm

Post by KGVA John »

The Support Group for Individuals Living with Ostomies at Mary Washington Hospital, Tomkins-Martin Medical Plaza Classroom A at 1001 Sam Perry Blvd in Fredericksburg VA will feature speaker Jacquelyn Dunne, Program Director for Youth Rally speaking on "Kids Living Life with Ostomies: Youth Rally Experiences".

Date: Tuesday, Aug 19
Time: 6:30 pm
Tompkins-Martin Medical Plaza
Classroom A
1001 Sam Perry Blvd
Fredericksburg, Va.

---
-- John
flybug21

Re: Fredericksburg VA Meeting Tue Aug 19 @6:30pm

Post by flybug21 »

Hi John,

Is this support group still meeting at Mary Washington Hospital? I just joined this forum and am the primary caregiver for my father-in-law who has an ileostomy. We live in King George, VA. My FIL got the ileostomy in October, but doesn't think he can change the bag himself, so my husband and I have been doing it. I thought maybe it would be helpful if he met some people who care for their own and maybe we can get some advice for some recurring problems we've been having. I also would love to know if there is anyone locally that provides ostomy care for caregivers that need a vacation. We have not been able to leave him overnight. The local home assisance companies I've looked into apparently aren't "ostomy certified". If you know of anyone who does this or what other people have done for this that would be a great help.

Thank you for posting the info!
Katy