Strange and weird hospital happenings

Share the non-ostomy part of your life (but please limit the random jokes!).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderator: Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
oliveoyl

Strange and weird hospital happenings

Post by oliveoyl »

After reading, on the main board, about a strange and weird event that happened to someone while they were in the hospital, I was remembering some of the odd things that have happened to me. Maybe some of you have experienced weird happenings in the hospital, too.

We are weak, vulnerable and scared, so I'm sure things are exaggerated in our minds. Or maybe not. During one of my hospital stays, the hospital was undergoing extensive reconstruction, I think they were adding a whole wing or something like that. So after midnight, the electrical power was greatly reduced. I was taken care of through the night by a nurse coming and going with only a battery powered lantern in her hand. Darkness, with the lights hovering now and then along the hall outside. Silent, too.

Another time, a patient down the hall, an elderly man, I think, by his voice, kept calling, "Hot dog!! How much? After about two hours I really wanted a hot dog. With yellow mustard and relish, please.
Olive
Crohn's. 2 stomas. Permanent ileostomy, mucous fistula
"I yam what I yam." Popeye
bagger

Re: Strange and weird hospital happenings

Post by bagger »

Oliveoyl this was my experience. I was in the hospital on Haloween and they turned me into a monster. They ripped my guts up and left a piece hanging out. It has been spitting ever since. (I think it is mad at me or something) They wouldn't let me eat for 3 days and I had a tube down my throat and was fed with an IV. So finally when the tube came out and I was begging for something to eat they said it had to be light and easy on my digestion. So I said how about scrambled eggs, toast and coffee? They said ok and brought it to me for breakfast, and then for lunch and again for supper. Then for breakfast again the next day and by then I wished for something else and they said not yet and brought me more for lunch. I couldn't even get butter or jelly for the toast. By that time I had it with scrambled eggs and told them I wanted to go home. Finally got out of there. Finally got home where I knew there was something to eat besides scrambled eggs and dry cold toast.

Not sure if this is strange or weird?

That is my story and I am sticking to it.

bagger

(a hot dog with yellow mustard and relish sounds good and I think I will have 2 for supper.)
Cancer Sucks.....