Support groups for people in their 20 - 30

For discussing issues relevant to ostomates and people with diversions between the ages of 18 and 30 (or so).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderator: Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
Hawkboy 12

Support groups for people in their 20 - 30

Post by Hawkboy 12 »

Is there any support groups for people in their twenties or thirties in the Seattle area.

Thanks
ot dave

Re: Support groups for people in their 20 - 30

Post by ot dave »

Hello Hawkboy! Welcome to the boards. I'm going to assume that you are a Seahawk fan based on your screen name! I'm a Steelers fan, but that is ok, we can be friends here!
If you look at the top of the home page here, you will see a link for support groups. Those would be the UOAA registered groups. I don't know if there would or would not be others in your area. For me, I was 37 at the time of my ostomy placement, I found that the support group in my area, though full of very nice people, was not that beneficial for me. Most of the folks there were not my peers. I had 2 young kids. The folks in my support group were mostly working on grandchildren and great grandchildren!
I truly found these discussion boards far more beneficial and useful for me. I'm not at all discouraging you from seeking out a support group in your area, just sharing my experience.
Lots of experience and knowledge spread out on these boards, so feel free to ask....
Hope you find what you are looking for.

David
stage III rectal CA 12/08 - colostomy 3/09
"Gatoring since 2010"
Psalms 91:2