Network beyond the 30+ Network

This is the place to post announcements for chat rooms, support group special events and newsletters (please do not post such messages in the regular discussion forums).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
Steve S

Network beyond the 30+ Network

Post by Steve S »

I am the past chair of the 30+ Network. Some people have inquired about a new network that might better suit those people over the age of 55.
As you can see there are 3 age related Networks along with our Continent Diversion Networks that have forums on this website.
I helped start the first age related Network when I was on the Board of directors of the UOA.
It was in the late 90s that the International Ostomy Association held their first 20/40 Conference in Denmark. A fellow Board member and I decided we should start a 20/40 Network here in the USA.
That was the beginning of our age related network system that has continued in the new UOAA.
Why Networks some may ask. Our networks are a virtual or INTERNET place for people to connect that do not have a local group close or are unable to be part of a local support group. Our Networks are Affiliated Support Groups just like our local support groups except we do not meet face to face on a regular basis.
Is there any interest in a Network that would include those aged 55 and up? I have one friend who is willing to help start such a group. Many of us who are members of one or more of our Networks are also members of local groups.
If there is sufficient interest I will help a a new Network committee get going. Please use the e-mail or PM button at the bottom of this message to contact me. Steve S