Ileostomy-large intestine output - sickness

For discussing ostomies that are intended to be temporary, and the reversal/takedown of such ostomies.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderator: Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
t120170

Ileostomy-large intestine output - sickness

Post by t120170 »

I have a temporary ileostomy, that I've had for about 4 months. I have some rectal output of stuff that the doc says is normal. However, I've noticed I get very nauseated when I have output through the rectum. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it normal to get sick to your stomach when a bowel (not really feces) comes through the rectum with an ileostomy? If so, did it stay after you had your reversal while things got back to normal? I'm hoping to have my reversal in a month or two. FYI, my bag produces A LOT! I get up several times a night to empty.
Blessed

Re: Ileostomy-large intestine output - sickness

Post by Blessed »

My Dr. informed me that it was mucus. It didn’t last long. My reversal has been a 100% successstory.
teenyevans_1

Re: Ileostomy-large intestine output - sickness

Post by teenyevans_1 »

I have had my ileostomy reversed 7 weeks ago, but I had my ileostomy for 3 months and I did experience a nauseating feeling when I would pass the mucus from my tectum. Sometimes a painful pressure in the rectum area too. It didn’t last too long.