Post- Colostomy Reversal Concerns

For discussing ostomies that are intended to be temporary, and the reversal/takedown of such ostomies.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderator: Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
Ms8172

Post- Colostomy Reversal Concerns

Post by Ms8172 »

I had my colostomy reversal one week ago today. I originally had Diverticulitis and 8.8in of my sigmoid colon removed. I realize that I'm only one week out, however I have noticed I am not able to urinate very well. In addition I masturbated the other night and no ejaculation came out..... this scares me that something is wrong. The secondarily thing that worries me is that I am back and forth to the restroom so much that I cannot believe someone would live like this. Has anyone had a colon reversal and had the same issues that I do? Am I just overreacting at this point? I'm a very healthy 47 year old or at least I think I am LOL
rickfowler62

Re: Post- Colostomy Reversal Concerns

Post by rickfowler62 »

Yes I too have the same issue most time I can only urinate standing up. I was told this is common post reversal part due to the catheter and possible irritation of the prostate from the procedure. I too have to run back and forth to the bathroom, I wear depends if i leave the house. I'm told that in time will go away. good luck