New to all this and need help!

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
Law555

Re: New to all this and need help!

Post by Law555 »

Diane I am so sorry to hear about all you are dealing with! Sending you positive thoughts and prayers for healing and recovery. Hope you enjoyed watching the video with your mom, that is awesome she is 101. My mom just turned 90 last July!

My. Dr. was just here said my x-ray did show there was still a small blockage. They have me on a full liquid diet but, he told me to take it easy with that. Tomorrow he may send me for another scan with contrast. Leaving the tube in for now. Hopefully we can figure this out in a few more days.

Lou Ann
To Dream a Dream

Post by To Dream a Dream »

Lou Ann: Sending thoughts & prayers your way. Although I try to avoid either reliving or even relating my own grim experiences, I have had a number of blockages in the past which included one post-op at a large medical facility in upstate NY (Nov. 1985) after a stoma revision (& lysis of many adhesions). It was chaos because so many of the patients, staff (including my own super surgeon) & I came down with a very virulent GI flu. I was very discouraged at that time. So hang in there. I've found that caution & patience help us over the 'bumps.'
Crohn's Dx '66 (perforated ileum)
Multiple Bowel Resections
Ileo '77 Revision '85
Celiac Dx
Law555

Post by Law555 »

I came home from the hospital last Saturday. The blockage cleared itself thankfully. They told me to eat a soft diet and small meals throughout the day. I am starting to feel a little bit better each day. I went to see my oncologist today he said there is no sign of cancer and things are healing very nicely. That’s the best news I’ve had in a long time. I thank y’all for your encouragement, advice and thoughts and prayers!
Lou Ann
Button

Post by Button »

Lou Ann:
Thank You for taking the time to post an update. This forum is a genuine family.

What a positive start to your New Year ! Good News, indeed. Successful clearing of the intestinal obstruction and encouraging words from your oncologist of no evidence of disease. There is nothing better then Good News.

I hope you continue to find restorative healing in the days and weeks ahead. You have had a lot of health issues to contend with and I hope for you smother sailing ahead.
Karen
Intestine perforation, sepsis, ileostomy, 2012
Addison’s disease + endocrine failure
Palliative Care
smashms

Post by smashms »

law555 how are you doing now? it has been several weeks hope you are doing better now.
neurogenic bladder and T6 paraplegic ileal conduit 2/15/2011
Law555

Post by Law555 »

Thank you so much for asking, I’m hanging in here. I am starting to feel better but, my c-diff has returned so I’m battling that again. I’m just trying to stay positive and upbeat and take everything a day at a time.
Lou Ann
To Dream a Dream

Please know I am thinking of you, also. My husband is in an ongoing battle with diverticulitis & a c-diff infection from the antibiotics used to treat it. It's been very difficult for us & we hope his upcoming surgical appt. will offer some viable options.

It's so good to see you posting. I am glad you found our board.
Ileo '77 Revision '85
Celiac Dx
Law555

Post by Law555 »

I will keep you and your husband in my thoughts and prayers. Please let me know how his surgical appointment goes and what they can do to help him!
Lou Ann
Button

Post by Button »

To Dream a Dream:
While your husband is waiting for a surgical opinion to treat his recurrent diverticulitis, you and he might want to read the book titled the “The Skinny Gut Diet” by Brenda Watson.

This book is an informative read for anyone with diverticular disease or irritable bowel syndrome. Its focus is on optimizing the role of nutrition and the natural bacterial biosphere in optimizing GI health. The book is available on Amazon, in paperback, for about $15. A wise investment.
Karen
Intestine perforation, sepsis, ileostomy, 2012
Addison’s disease + endocrine failure
Palliative Care
To Dream a Dream

Karen: Thank you. His appt. is tomorrow am.
Ileo '77 Revision '85
Celiac Dx
Law555

Post by Law555 »

Karen, I think I’ll read that book too, it sounds like a very informative book.
Thank you,
Lou Ann
Dog lover 23320

Post by Dog lover 23320 »

I’m new to this too. Surgery is next week. Fighting rectal cancer at 41yro 😭
Jenifer, 40.
Dx: stage 2 rectal cancer, LAR, rediagnosed stage 1,Temp Ileostomy
Law555

Post by Law555 »

to dog lover, I am so sorry to hear you are fighting rectal cancer. What day is your surgery next week and what type of surgery are you having? I will keep you in my prayers! So sorry you have to be here but, glad you found this site, Everyone here is very caring and very helpful. Keep us posted.
Lou Ann
nickolas

Post by nickolas »

Dog lover 23320 wrote: 2019-01-28 19:58:28 I’m new to this too. Surgery is next week. Fighting rectal cancer at 41yro 😭
Know that you can and will beat it. I was diagnosed almost 15 yrs with stage IIIC rectal cancer and I am very much alive and kicking today. Best advice I can give you is walk, walk, walk, those hospitals halls. It really does help with the healing process.

Also bring comfortable slippers for walking and a wrap around robe, also for walking. I was only allowed to have one hospital gown exposed on the back side. That wrap round robe was easy to get in and out of especially when hooked up to IV's.

Have you checked out Colon Talk? If not, here is there forum

http://coloncancersupport.colonclub.com ... um.php?f=1

A lot of helpful people who have walking in your shoes.

Good luck,

Lee
rectal cancer 2004
stage IIIC
permanent colostomy
NED 15yrs and counting