Not a serious question. Ostomy Calendar.

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
Mysticobra

Not a serious question. Ostomy Calendar.

Post by Mysticobra »

I know this may sound dumb but is there a calendar someone may have put out to mark change days? I'm gonna be retired soon and it won't be necessary to change as often but it will be rotating days.
We get old and can't remember. I'm there. I change now on Sunday and Thursday which is easy to remember. But I really don't have to change that often once not working. Maybe every six days and that would rotate my days.
Now I know I can use a regular calendar. But having one in my small bathroom wouldn't work. Need like a flip one with date and days. Heck I'm giving myself ideas.
Anyone else?
Richard.
Last edited by Mysticobra on 2019-01-03 22:27:21, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbob

Re: On - serious question. Ostomy Calendar.

Post by Jimbob »

How about just write the date on the pouch when you put it on, or put the change date on it.

Getting Old is not for sissies, I feel your pain.
To Dream a Dream

Post by To Dream a Dream »

Great idea, Jimbob. It might even provide a security measure for those of us who may be facing difficulties with electrolyte imbalance & the resultant inability to think clearly. And a directive for the staff if we must be admitted.
Crohn's Dx '66 (perforated ileum)
Multiple Bowel Resections
Ileo '77 Revision '85
Celiac Dx
Mysticobra

Post by Mysticobra »

To Dream a Dream wrote: 2019-01-03 18:03:53 Great idea, Jimbob. It might even provide a security measure for those of us who may be facing difficulties with electrolyte imbalance & the resultant inability to think clearly. And a directive for the staff if we must be admitted.
Just old age and forget. Not even that old my self. I take a few days off and forget what day I'm I already. Really no need to remember I guess.
I like writing on the bag idea. I really do.
Sorry about the title on the forum.
Meant to say.
Not a serious question.
I wish someone could correct that. I'll see if I can.
Richard.
Mysticobra

Post by Mysticobra »

Mysticobra wrote: 2019-01-03 22:26:36
To Dream a Dream wrote: 2019-01-03 18:03:53 Great idea, Jimbob. It might even provide a security measure for those of us who may be facing difficulties with electrolyte imbalance & the resultant inability to think clearly. And a directive for the staff if we must be admitted.
Just old age and forget. Not even that old my self. I take a few days off and forget what day I'm I already. Really no need to remember I guess.
I like writing on the bag idea. I really do.
Sorry about the title on the forum.
Meant to say.
Not a serious question.
I wish someone could correct that. I'll see if I can.
Richard.
I think that really answers my question. Thanks. It's something I see a whole lot. And would be unmistakable. Great idea. Thank you.
(I'll forget to look at a calendar lol.)
Nomadic

Re: Not a serious question. Ostomy Calendar.

Post by Nomadic »

Misticobra: Congratulations on your upcoming retirement. I hope to also retire near the end of the year. Do you have any suggestions or tips for working Ostomates to deal with managing ostomy care in a semi-public environment?
Mysticobra

Post by Mysticobra »

Nomadic wrote: 2019-01-04 20:07:53 Misticobra: Congratulations on your upcoming retirement. I hope to also retire near the end of the year. Do you have any suggestions or tips for working Ostomates to deal with managing ostomy care in a semi-public environment?
I work around maybe 18 people. They all know I have it. Too old to be embarrassed by it.
I don't work in the public environment. Such as a store or anything.
I have worked on a freight dock for 32 years. Kinda melted right I to it afterwards.
I have only had it for 3 years 2 months. But I have never had one problem at work.
Not a leak. Blowout. Nothin.
I really don't know what you mean by managing it.
I just simply wear it and work. Lol.
If you want to elaborate on managing and be more specific I'd be more than happy to help.
Richard.
P. S.
Not trying to be a smart a** by saying I simply wear it and work.
I'm just fortunate to be able to do so as I know some have more deeper problems.
Being confident and accepting of it is the most important thing. Can't let it bother you if it has given your health back. And it has done that for me.
And thank you for the congrats. I'm looking forward to it.
In fact I've semi retired myself. Lol. If I don't want to go in I don't.
My retirement date is specific. 25th of January. I feel retired already and I like it.
Long p. s.
theRabbit

Post by theRabbit »

I change every 6 days. To help me remember I set up a repeating event on Google calendar and let it send me notes about when to change.
dogtalkerer

Post by dogtalkerer »

I've written on bags, cloth part. its surprising how it wears off though. I can't remember change dates either and I'm 7yrs from some sorta retirement.

but I change based on either stink or flange condition, I push change times to their max to save costs.
SFdesigner

Post by SFdesigner »

I like a paper calendar more than writing on my bag. Little calendars are at office supply and you can just circle the date. Or print one out from online... ie: https://a-printable-calendar.com/yearly-calendar-2019/
steiconi

Post by steiconi »

I just make a note on a piece of paper I keep with my supplies. If I can remember the date, I use that, otherwise just the day of the week.
Lee

I am not my disease.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

What is you cannot remember the day of the week???
Mysticobra

Post by Mysticobra »

I remember now. But I've only been retired a week and a half!
I will probably just stick to my schedule. I was gonna rotate the days but why should I change something that works? (I think that to myself)
Nope. Haven't forgotten the day yet. I have while working cause the days go by so fast sometimes.
Richard.