Cancer in large intestine

For discussing ostomies that are intended to be temporary, and the reversal/takedown of such ostomies.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderator: Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
Douglas

Cancer in large intestine

Post by Douglas »

Hello, I’d like to tell my story I’m a 51 yr. old male diagnosed with Crohn’s disease 30yrs. Ago. Started with different meds. Nothing really worked. Fast forward 2015 symptoms got worse blood in stool, abdominal pain, significant weight loss.my doctor from 30yrs. Ago retired so I found new gastroenterologist had endoscope and colonoscopy found I have ulcerative colitis and is cancerous in large intestine. He suggested I see a surgeon so I was referred to a surgeon. He explained to me I would need a total removal of large intestine and an I would have a colostomy bag . Had first surgery February 2016 10 hour surgery with liver biopsy. Biopsy came back stage 4 cirrhosis of liver never a drinker so they say I have fistula draining on liver. Surgery went well for colectomy it was success so I thought. Day later have 104 fever I end up with blood clots in small intestine and in liver also spleen enlarged. After 3 weeks in hospital they let me go home. So blood thinners to dissipate clots. Things go well for a year never got used to colostomy bag never would hard to work construction bag always leaked. Output was 2,000 cc. So surgeon decided to put in pouch take part of my small intestine and make a pouch surgery set for December 1 2017. Had surgery done and got another blood clot. Now it’s scared into my liver. And still have bag this time pain doesn’t let up and I was vomiting for months on and off going to er dehydrated and iv nutrition.Months go by with no resolve I get admitted to hospital may 2018 . Output 2,000 cc. Severe pain and vomiting no food iv nutrition. And blood in colostomy bag 1000 cc. Finally July 6 2018 surgeon decides to do my connection he had some resolve and told me the risk and because of clots. So I signed paperwork anyway thinking it. Would get better this operating on blood thinners. Surgery went well ( my family says I’m hard to kill). Pain never went away still to this day very uncomfortable. No blood clots this time. Going to bathroom 20+ times a day I’m now lost do you have any insight on what’s going on. I know it’s a lot and I’m bouncing around but if I wrote everything I could and should write a book. Thanks