Signs of Spring

Share the non-ostomy part of your life (but please limit the random jokes!).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderator: Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
To Dream a Dream

Signs of Spring

Post by To Dream a Dream »

The Indiana Barred Owls are nesting in their box & incubating eggs. The Ithaca Red-tailed Hawks also have eggs in their nest perched precariously on a high ledge above a busy street. cams.allaboutbirds.org/channel/40/Corne ... atch_Cam/
I discovered a beautiful red star, Arcturus, late one evening. Guess I had missed it all these years. https://www.space.com/22842-arcturus.html

Arcturus. Nice name for a big red angora cat. Or a liver chestnut horse.
Crohn's Dx '66 (perforated ileum)
Multiple Bowel Resections
Ileo '77 Revision '85
Celiac Dx
To Dream a Dream

Re: Signs of Spring

Another try for that first link (Cornell birds). cams.allaboutbirds.org/channel/40/Cornell_Lab_FeederWatch_Cam/
Ileo '77 Revision '85
Celiac Dx
lms1

Post by lms1 »

Hi TDAD,

I love your signs of spring reminders. We are overwhelmed by a super bloom of wildflowers due to all the rain we have been getting. The hills in California are a gorgeous green. Seasonal allergies are a small price to pay for this beauty.

Hope your are well! I am encountering a variety of ups and downs in my recovery but I’m making steady progress.

Linda
Colostomy Nov 09
Strangulated hernia, 5.5 feet of small intestine left July 2018
To Dream a Dream

So glad to learn of your continuing recovery, Linda. And the vibrant beauty of your CA hills for you to enjoy. I saw masses of gorgeous poppies on one of the newscasts. I love flowers. Our woodland grotto up behind the house is showing heaps of snowdrops presently. Our first bulbs to open & their nectar a welcome contribution to the dwindling honeybee population.

My husband is scheduled for surgery next week for ongoing problems with diverticulosis/itis. Have been blaming my meal plans, nagging whatever each time he has a twinge. Fortunately, his pre-op colonoscopy was unremarkable except for diverticulosis. (His scans had been showing diverse activity--inflammation even an abscess at one point.) Then he had recurrent c-diff, so it has been a roller coaster ride for him. Hopefully, he'll have concrete answers post-op.

Take care of yourself & prayers for your health to continue to improve with every new flower bloom.
Ileo '77 Revision '85
Celiac Dx
BobbieC

Post by BobbieC »

This is a test to see if I can learn the format of this board. This is my first participation. I am a 92 year old lady from Arab, Al who has a very successful ileostomy for 42 years. I am old enough to brag on both accomplishments. Still having fun and still very active. I live with my kids since Christmas a year ago. They sold their home and I sold mine and we bought a larger home to take care of all 3 of us. My DIL is an angel and they treat me like a princess. I totaled my car last July and as no one was hurt in either vehicle I felt the good Lord was telling me it was time to hang up my keys. I did and my kids taxi me wherever I need to go. At my age we feel like we meet ourselves in the middle of
the road going to this doctor and that. I am sure this more than you needed to know. I like to hear myself type. <G>