Composting Toilets

A forum devoted to "Irrigation" - a procedure that may be helpful for some people with left-sided colostomies.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
JohnC

Composting Toilets

Post by JohnC »

I've been irrigating for 7 years, since shortly after my stoma surgery. No problems at all adapting to the schedule. I am considering building a fishing cabin & want to use a composting toilet. I don't know much about the technology except it would spare the huge expense of installing a septic system. Much of the literature Does anyone have any experience irrigating with "non-traditional" plumbing?
ot dave

Re: Composting Toilets

Post by ot dave »

Hi John,
I don't know what a composting toilet is, but I have irrigated in a tent...at 9000 ft. elevation in Colorado while on an elk hunting trip. There was a definite lack of traditional plumbing there! Have also irrigated on a diving boat/yacht. They used those hand pumps to flush the toilet. What kind of suggestions are you looking for? Where there is a will, there is a way!

David
stage III rectal CA 12/08 - colostomy 3/09
"Gatoring since 2010"
Psalms 91:2
JohnC

Re: Composting Toilets

Post by JohnC »

David, That is encouraging. A composting toilet doesn't require much water & eliminates the need for a septic tank. I am moving forward with my cabin project. If the composting toilet won't handle the job I'll have septic installed. My dream to have a very rural cabin.