Loop ileostomy reversal HELP needed

For discussing ostomies that are intended to be temporary, and the reversal/takedown of such ostomies.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderator: Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
JD52958

Loop ileostomy reversal HELP needed

Post by JD52958 »

Hello all this is my first post thank you in advance for your replies and thanks to the Administrators who put this forum together. So I started off with perforated bowels during a surgery then had multiple surgeries. I developed a enterocutaneous fistula and after that a small bowel blockage. For awhile I had a wound fistula bag I wore then had the fistula and small bowel blockage taken down then went home with a Loop ileostomy bag for 4 months. I had a recessed stoma so had so many problems with leakage. Finally the loop ileostomy reversal and it’s been 3 months I occasionally have solid stools but mostly loose and very frequent like 6 times a day and soon after I eat or drink. I stopped coffee today and trying not to eat fried food. I take a few 2mg Imodium per day it doesn’t help much. I was thinking of making a appointment with a gastro doctor not sure if it normal after 3 months post surgery. Thanks for any input
John