Is irrigation possible with Sensura Mio Click?

A forum devoted to "Irrigation" - a procedure that may be helpful for some people with left-sided colostomies.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
lisa3171

Is irrigation possible with Sensura Mio Click?

Post by lisa3171 »

Hi! I had my surgery 16 months ago & would like to try irrigation. I have a permanent colostomy due to rectal cancer. I have always used the Sensura Mio 2 piece system & am very happy with it. However, I was told that Coloplast's irrigation sleeves do not hook up to those wafers. Do I have to change my whole system in order to be able to irrigate? Do I have any options that allow me to still keep the Sensura Mio & irrigate?

Thanks in advance for advice!
sassie

Re: Is irrigation possible with Sensura Mio Click?

Post by sassie »

If you call Coloplast they will tell you just what to do, its hard to think that they do not have a sleeve that hooks to your present setup that you are getting from them....

I do irrigate and i have such a huge hernia under my colostomy so i do have to remove all and just place the sleeve against my skin and attach it with a stoma belt and have never had a leak , but i would love to be able to snap it onto my wafer and irrigate but i'm unlucky, unless it's just on bare skin i can't get water to enter and unless i irrigate i never have output... before this is all over i know i'm going to end up with my colon removed and a ileostomy, just putting it off until my luck runs out...Best of luck sassie
sassie

Post by sassie »

also you can read thru this,it may help you but still you can call coloplast and they will help you out, all these places send sample for you to test..viewtopic.php?t=26055
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Within the past month I was told by a Coloplast rep that they do not have a compatible sleeve.
steiconi

Post by steiconi »

Try some new brands and see if there's something you like.
I've used convatec and hollister for irrigation, and much prefer Convatec.

If things go well, you may give up the pouch-and-wafer in favor of stoma caps, and compatibility will no longer be an issue.
Lee

I am not my disease.
Bklynbabe

Post by Bklynbabe »

I just want to say that my ostomy nurse started me off with the coloplast disposable sleeves that attach with adhesive. I was using the mio flex and she just had me stick it on the wafer. I’ve used the click and I’m sure you could do the same with that system. Like others have said, though, I quickly stopped wearing the whole get up and now irrigate with the Hollister sleeve and a belt. I generally use a cap, but if I feel I might not be done, I use a one piece mio.

I know this thread isn’t new, but I had the same question when I started and looked here so I thought I’d add my two cents in case it helps someone else.
sassie

Post by sassie »

Bklynbabe i also use the hollister sleeve and belt, works great with no leaking during irrigation ever...
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

We do evolve our own methods, Great hobby!!
BillB

Post by BillB »

I started with Hollister products because that's what the hospital used. When I discovered Sensura Mio Click, I switched. For me, the wafers are far superior to Hollister. That said, I also use the Hollister sleeves with an irrigation belt. Works great!
Stage I Rectal Cancer 08/12
APR/Permanent Colostomy 10/12