Docs who understand Kock Pouch?

For discussion of intestinal and urinary diversions that avoid wearing an external waste collecting device.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Jimbob, Lynne

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
bcirray

Re: Docs who understand Kock Pouch?

Post by bcirray »

So Mary martha, did you sue this Doctor? I suggest that you contact Dr. Rehnke at Palms of Pasadena Hospital in Florida or Dr. Schiller at Olympia Medical Center in California. They both are qualified surgeons specializing in BCIR construction along with Kock pouch problems. There numbers and complete addresses are in the list in this discussion thread.

Ray
Ljassem

Post by Ljassem »

I am about to have the valve on my Kock pouch reconfigured. I have had my pouch for over thirty years and although I required various surgeries I have been so happy with it instead of a bag. My new york Surgeon has been Dr Joel Bauer. He was one of the originals...had mine done in Mount Sinai Hospital in 1989.....Now I am again in need....My surgeon has retired and I live in California and need my valve restructured.....any reccomendations
BillV

Post by BillV »

Dr. Don Schiller at Olympia Medical Center in Los Angeles does the BCIR procedure and is familiar with K pouches. I highly recommend him.
jesse_jerome

Post by jesse_jerome »

2022 Update of my post: I am DEFINITELY NO LONGER RECOMMENDING Dr Pokala Kiran in NYC and suggest keeping away from him.

PM me if you want details.