BURNING SKIN AROUND KOCH POUCH STOMA

For discussion of intestinal and urinary diversions that avoid wearing an external waste collecting device.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Jimbob, Lynne

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
mle4951

Re: BURNING SKIN AROUND KOCH POUCH STOMA

Post by mle4951 »

Teena;
I've had my K Pouch since 1985 and have similar burning. One of these 2 things will work. Get your physician to write you a prescription for Calmoseptine Ointment. It's a barrier plus has healing properties. I aslo use Aloe Sunburn spray which has a little bit of Lidocaine in it. Both of these work.
Mike-14
teena1

Post by teena1 »

The tip to see a colorectal-surgeon is right on, and I have made an appointment to see one. I have about decided that I have a hernia of some kind causing these stabbing pains that keep getting worse; and the side of my abdomen where the Koch pouch is keeps getting bigger than the other side. It seems to be pushing on my bladder causing me to have to go to the bathroom often. The appointment is a couple weeks away, but can't wait to find out if I'm right.
Flemmart

Post by Flemmart »

What I brought to my appt with a colorectal surgeon was a picture (for a visual of the inside) and info about the kock pouch. Just incase they need a visual. I can't seem to attach a pic in this thread...I'll try a pm.... Good luck and keep us posted.
Ileo 1979 Kock pouch 1980
Shelley L

Post by Shelley L »

i have a KP since 1984 skin on bottom of stoma started burning a few months ago nothing appears abnormal but the pain is hard to take i tried Calmeposine ointment with fluocinonide drops before application of calmeposine
it soothes it for an hour and then the pain comes back i have to treat the area all over again

i saw a video of a young woman who suggested a paste called ILEX it is being sent to me by tomorrow weds july 8 i hope that is the answer bec the pain is awful
bcirray

Post by bcirray »

I was prescribed Lotrisone cream, worked great.
Shelley L

Post by Shelley L »

Ty so much
Shelley L

Post by Shelley L »

I have burning skin around bottom of nipple valve of knpouch at rim where skin meets nipple valve. There is nothing to see. There are no blisters, no red skin but it burns like crazy. I hurts most whn I stand. I get some relief whn I lay down I have been using Calmoseptine cream but doesn’t help. I have tried Secura, fluroseptin, cortisone creams. Nothing helps. It’s has been suggested to me that it may be hyperalgia I have had cortisone and lidocaine injections. Doesn’t help. Any thoughts?