HOW IS TRAVEL TO THE USA LOOKING ?

Share the non-ostomy part of your life (but please limit the random jokes!).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderator: Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
lolapergola

HOW IS TRAVEL TO THE USA LOOKING ?

Post by lolapergola »

Hi all , just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on travel ever getting back to normal over there .I mean air travel ?
Las Vegas is shut , it must look like a ghost town .We hope to get back when the hotels re-open and the staff get their jobs back , I hope tourism picks up again for all those involved .
Lola.x
darick

Re: HOW IS TRAVEL TO THE USA LOOKING ?

Post by darick »

Most of the country is still in Shelter in Place orders. California's order is currently through May 3rd, and will likely get extended again by that date. Flights between USA/Canada are also cancelled currently. Maybe by June things will start looking better.
Ewings Sarcoma: 1996; G-tube: 1997; Cecostomy: 1998-99; Colostomy: ~2000; Irrigator: 2013-
lolapergola

Post by lolapergola »

D, thanks for that .I was thinking it would be at least Autumn until things started to re-open .All of our tourist spots have been hit badly - the Lake District alone will have lost a mint .Some Scottish hotels have had to close for good .The Prime Minister returned today so we are hoping for more direction re lockdown dates .
Lola .
smashms

Post by smashms »

most places were open about 2 weeks ago but they are starting to reverse and closing down again. there are surges in about 80% of the country right now.
neurogenic bladder and T6 paraplegic ileal conduit 2/15/2011
lolapergola

Post by lolapergola »

Thanks Smash , I am sooo hoping things will be better by January when we hope to come again .Things have improved a lot in the UK and I'm hoping a virus /treatment may have been made by then .
lolapergola

Post by lolapergola »

Just bumping this thread to see if there is any recent news anyone may have heard .This side of the pond there is a rumour saying it MAY be the 6th Sept when the U.S. opens it's borders to us Brits .
thanks
Lola.x