Supply chain?

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
ileo73

Supply chain?

Post by ileo73 »

Got a cheery note from Adapt Health concerned about general supply chain issues.

Anyone here seeing supply chain issues affecting ostomy supplies?
Mara

Re: Supply chain?

Post by Mara »

Yes, I got that email as well.....I guess I will re-order earlier than usual just in case....I usually keep quite a large amount since I use much less than the monthly amount but sometimes it might come in handy...;-)
Ileostomy due to UC - 50 odd years
ron in mich.

Post by ron in mich. »

Hi all i was able due to the pandemic to get a 2mo. supply at a time, now i was told by my supplier that they can only do 1mo. worth so now i,m back to what i was getting originally.
Diane C

Post by Diane C »

I know many will think I'm loco for using Edgepark. I hear it's costly but has worked well for years. I recently put in an order for 3 mos. Some items were backed up. My shipment came in 3 packages. I'm thinking of switching to Byram or a different supplier due to price but it may not matter.

I spoke to someone at a health food store. He told me EVERYTHING was backed up and if we wanted to order gifts for the holidays from overseas, do it NOW.I try to buy American goods but it's not always possible.

Diane C
Diane C
2000 MACE
2002 Colostomy
2018 Above + anus removed; Ileostomy
2020 Scar tissue removed
AlexT

Post by AlexT »

Are your supplies not covered by insurance? I simply tell my wound nurse that I need supplies and she places an order for me. 3 days later it’s on my doorstep and I pay nothing.
danilynn

Post by danilynn »

Diane C wrote: 2021-10-25 15:41:18 I know many will think I'm loco for using Edgepark. I hear it's costly but has worked well for years. I recently put in an order for 3 mos. Some items were backed up. My shipment came in 3 packages. I'm thinking of switching to Byram or a different supplier due to price but it may not matter.

I spoke to someone at a health food store. He told me EVERYTHING was backed up and if we wanted to order gifts for the holidays from overseas, do it NOW.I try to buy American goods but it's not always possible.

Diane C
I use Edgepark too and have for years; I've actually had an easier time with them than I have with other suppliers. My Eakin seals were backordered this time and came in two extra shipments (three total) but I eventually got them.

I started ordering Christmas gifts last week in anticipation of delays. Otherwise, we have a great downtown area here so I will try to focus on local businesses and see how that works out.
Danica

Crohn's since age 6
Ileostomy 1993