A Change of Seasons/A Changing Heart

Share the non-ostomy part of your life (but please limit the random jokes!).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderator: Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
To Dream a Dream

A Change of Seasons/A Changing Heart

Post by To Dream a Dream »

Once again, the seasons change here. The songbirds have migrated beginning with a bumper crop of young tree & barn swallows despite the prevalence of West Nile virus in north eastern PA. There has finally been a hard frost after a pleasantly prolonged summer. No ice on the pond as yet. A brief coating of snow one morning that soon melted. My ‘Immortality’ reblooming iris finally did just that this year. Allowing me over a dozen lovely crystalline blossoms to brighten the Moonlight Garden into November. Hinting of sleeping bulbs and of a renewal yet to be.

Although my old Snow Lion can never be replaced, a pretty lady Snow Lioness recently crossed my path when taking donations to a local shelter. She was obviously very unhappy alone in her big cage. Her lovely blue eyes lit up as if in recognition at my approach. I presented her with a flannel mouse toy I’d brought along. The Snow Lion’s favorite. (Was it a possible trace of his lingering scent?) Anyway, we bonded and the rest as is said, becomes history. And a painful void I’ve felt since his loss has lessened considerably.

Some of you may have noticed a more somber tone in my posts. And often lack of them. The pandemic’s influence continues to be felt in subtle and not so subtle ways as cases & unfortunately deaths have increased locally. Along with the usual aging process & its inevitable losses. I decided to channel my malaise into a concentrated effort to compile about half of my poems into an anthology. A young artist friend has graciously lent her talent & own gift of an intuitive empathy by providing the cover artwork.

I have an intense feeling that this effort has become my ‘Swan Song.’ One last attempt to capture life’s mystery and paradox. Its many ironies of ‘blood.’ And ‘sweat.’ And ‘tears.’
Crohn's Dx '66 (perforated ileum)
Multiple Bowel Resections
Ileo '77 Revision '85
Celiac Dx
cdogtom

Re: A Change of Seasons/A Changing Heart

Post by cdogtom »

Hello Dream,tis good to read your post,life is a mystery indeed

Dream
To Dream a Dream

Re: A Change of Seasons/A Changing Heart

Post by To Dream a Dream »

Hi Tom: Glad to see your post. Praying you have a very happy & blessed thanksgiving.
Crohn's Dx '66 (perforated ileum)
Multiple Bowel Resections
Ileo '77 Revision '85
Celiac Dx