Low Vitamins: Vitamin D and co-factor vitamins.

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
Golden_Road

Low Vitamins: Vitamin D and co-factor vitamins.

Post by Golden_Road »

Hello Ostomy Discussion People of the World,

I wanted to ask about people's experience with low vitamin D and co-factor vitamins.

Personally, I went down to 14 ng/mL in Nov 2018 (normal range at Labcorp is 30 - 100). Needless to say, this was dibilitating and caused major autoimmune issues to kiick off. I was given vitamin D injections to bring my levels up. But was only able to get to about 39-40 ng/mL.

> > > > My question to the forum: Any ideas on how to safely continue to improve vitamin D numbers? < < < <

I would feel a lot better if I could safely reach 60 or 70 with COVID-19 circulating around.

I currently use Labcorp Pixel to regularly monitor my own vitamin D levels. I have had my ileostomy since 2018.

Currently doing: Sperti lamp, vitamin D injections, Magnesium (MagTech), Omega 3, zinc picolinate, iron as ferrous fumarate

Cheers!
dk16415d

Re: Low Vitamins: Vitamin D and co-factor vitamins.

Post by dk16415d »

I also had low Vitamin D levels. My doctor put me on 50,000. unit pill once a week. That has taken care of it. I also have a ileostomy. I dont get alot of sun being in Michigan and have a history of many skin cancers. Vitamin D really helps with aching joints also for me. Thats the only vitamin I take, all other levels are good.