Water discovery

A forum devoted to "Irrigation" - a procedure that may be helpful for some people with left-sided colostomies.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
kitmcc

Water discovery

Post by kitmcc »

Hi everyone,

I read a NY Times article about Neti pots that gave me pause vis a vis irrigation. Since your nose lacks the acids of your stomach, which offer some protection when drinking tap water in, for example, NYC - the author suggested either distilled water or boiling water for 2 minutes, then cooling for use. Hmm, doesn’t the colon lack those acids too? I gave it a try with boiled-and-cooled water, and dang, my irrigations are better. Smoother if not faster, more complete, with little to no between irri output. Today I didn’t have time for cooling it, so I topped it with distilled.

Aside from city water, we also have ancient pipes in a multifamily building. It’s not a big deal to do. I suppose I could boil filtered water as well but one half cooked experiment at a time…
steiconi

Re: Water discovery

Post by steiconi »

I saw a survival show that said you could do an enema to hydrate when the water wasn't drinkable.

I don't know how true that is, but it's all I've got.

Perhaps because the water flows back out, all the bacteria go with it? Or your normal gut bacteria do something?
Lee

I am not my disease.
Hello Beautiful

Re: Water discovery

Post by Hello Beautiful »

kitmcc wrote: 2022-02-15 10:15:13 Hi everyone,

I read a NY Times article about Neti pots that gave me pause vis a vis irrigation. Since your nose lacks the acids of your stomach, which offer some protection when drinking tap water in, for example, NYC - the author suggested either distilled water or boiling water for 2 minutes, then cooling for use. Hmm, doesn’t the colon lack those acids too? I gave it a try with boiled-and-cooled water, and dang, my irrigations are better. Smoother if not faster, more complete, with little to no between irri output. Today I didn’t have time for cooling it, so I topped it with distilled.

Aside from city water, we also have ancient pipes in a multifamily building. It’s not a big deal to do. I suppose I could boil filtered water as well but one half cooked experiment at a time…
Hi..
VERY Interesting option to boil or use distilled water when irrigating.. I’ve been irrigating for over 40 years, moving to different states (water quality), and always had different output experiences; blaming it on the foods. Mmmmm? Thanks for the info..