Mid-Atlantic Virtual Regional Ostomy Conference—Sat., 4-30-22

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
Diane C

Mid-Atlantic Virtual Regional Ostomy Conference—Sat., 4-30-22

Post by Diane C »

You may want to mark your calendars for this virtual event, especially if you are a rather new ostomate although this conference is for all ostomates. If any updates come up, I'll let you know. This virtual conference (which was supposed to be in person pre-Covid) is sponsored by our Ostomy Support Group of N. Virginia (OSGNV.org) with our satellite support group in Fredericksburg, VA. Our N. Virginia Ostomy Support in Fairfax, Virginia offers useful info from speakers and is filled with supportive, upbeat members. (UOAA is helping with marketing.)

Mid-Atlantic Virtual Regional Ostomy Conference—Saturday April 30, 2022

“2022 Vision: Ostomates in Action”

Ostomy Support Group of Northern Virginia, LLC (OSGNV, LLC)

and its satellite: Mary Washington Healthcare - Ostomy Connections Support Group, Fredericksburg, VA

PRESENT:

A One-Day Virtual Conference on April 30, 2022-9 AM – 2 PM

Conference Includes 3 general sessions:

1. Adjusting to Your New Normal

2. Nurses’ Panel

3. Dressing for Comfort and Peace of Mind

A virtual Exhibit Hall includes:
ConvaTec
Hollister
More TBA

Breakout Sessions by ostomy type

$25.00 for the entire conference.

Registration Information coming soon

QUESTIONS: Email: osgnvllc@cox.net
Diane C
2000 MACE
2002 Colostomy
2018 Above + anus removed; Ileostomy
2020 Scar tissue removed
To Dream a Dream

Re: Mid-Atlantic Virtual Regional Ostomy Conference—Sat., 4-30-22

Post by To Dream a Dream »

Hi Diane: The conference looks great & I wonder if it will be available for viewing afterwards. I'm still not computer savvy & although I love the idea of virtual meetings, I've never been brave enough to attempt joining in on one. (I do follow the CaliCondors activities by watching the Ventana Wildlife Society's taped sessions, but that is experienced after the fact.) Thanks for your post & am looking forward to more news.
Crohn's Dx '66 (perforated ileum)
Multiple Bowel Resections
Ileo '77 Revision '85
Celiac Dx
Diane C

Virtual Mid-Atlantic Virtual Regional Ostomy Conference: Sat. 4-30-22

Post by Diane C »

More details about this virtual conference! This is for all ostomates, esp newbies. Please see below. I'm a member of the N. Virginia Ostomy Support Group (OSGNV) and it's terrific. REGISTER NOW at: www.osgnv.org FOR ONLY $25.00!

The Ostomy Support Group of Northern Virginia (OSGNV, LLC) and its satellite, Mary Washington Healthcare Ostomy Connections Support Group, Fredericksburg, Virginia are pleased to present:

THE 2022 VIRTUAL MID-ATLANTIC REGIONAL OSTOMY CONFERENCE THIS COMING SATURDAY, APRIL 30, 9:00 AM TO 2:00 PM!
Have you registered for this very informative and inspirational 5-hour conference? If not, there’s still time!

Here's what we have in store for you

* As fellow ostomates, our two inspiring and motivational guest speakers, Molly Atwater and Jearlean Taylor, are eager to share their amazing journeys and love of life with you.

* Our panel of four Ostomy Nurses will be sharing their combined expertise to answer your ostomy related questions, including ostomy pouch issues and skin care.

* Breakout sessions for the three major ostomy types, during which you can join a round-table discussion for your specific ostomy type with
your fellow ostomates.

* Featured throughout the conference are numerous exhibitors and sponsors. All are leading providers and manufacturers of ostomy
products, eager to provide information about their ostomy products both existing and new.

All this from the comfort of your home with built-in break times!

This is a great opportunity you won't want to miss...and it's a bargain at ONLY $25! REGISTER NOW at: www.osgnv.org

"See" you there! -- Diane C.
Diane C
2000 MACE
2002 Colostomy
2020 Scar tissue removed
Diane C

Post by Diane C »

Hi To Dream!

I'm sorry I didn't see your question! It's not challenging to Zoom after you've done it once. The host of the conference gives you a link to go to. You click on the Zoom link and you'll enter the conference. You do need to make sure your mic is off unless you are asking questions -- and if you want to be seen, you must have your camera on. Here's a basic intro to joining a Zoom meeting which is free: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbbYqiurgeo I just emailed the President of our support group your question. I don't know if the conference speakers will be recorded. I'm sure the exhibit hall will not be. There's a link here at the bottom to ask more info but if I hear from the President, I'll post again. Try here -- and you'll see the exhibitors who were invited, too, but I'm unsure that all will be showing up. I hope so! https://osgnv.org/

Hope you are well!
Diane C
2000 MACE
2002 Colostomy
2020 Scar tissue removed
Diane C

Post by Diane C »

To Dream:

Just heard from our Support Group President. Her reply below:

"Sessions will be recorded with the exception of at the exhibit hall. Attendees will be asked to create a password and non-attendees will be able to acquire recordings later but we are still working on the details." For info regarding the recordings, please contact osgnvllc@cox.net after the conference.

Hope this is helpful to you and others. I don't know about the cost.
Diane C
2000 MACE
2002 Colostomy
2020 Scar tissue removed
To Dream a Dream

Post by To Dream a Dream »

Diane: Just caught this post. Will try the links tomorrow. Things have been a little hectic around here playing catchup with rescheduled medical appts. & have yet to connect with the latest Ostomy Academy program. (I did finally watch the YouTube recording of my Cali Condors.)
Crohn's Dx '66 (perforated ileum)
Multiple Bowel Resections
Ileo '77 Revision '85
Celiac Dx
Diane C

Post by Diane C »

Hi To Dream,

So easy to join the conference. Hope you're watching but I understand "hectic!" Good luck!
Diane C
2000 MACE
2002 Colostomy
2020 Scar tissue removed
Diane C

Post by Diane C »

Hi again To Dream -- and everyone,

If you are interested in the Virtual Regional Ostomy Conference that was held last Saturday, you CAN sign up to watch the recordings but nothing from the exhibit hall was recorded. My memory is so lousy but you can pay, I think, $10, and view all the sessions when they are ready. My local support group is still preparing them for the public.

Some info was basic but I always like to hear from nurses and others with new ideas and thanks to this group, I had info to offer and suggested people participate here. We discussed supplies (wraps/belts) to avoid hernias which I found helpful. Nope, Cymed was not part of the exhibit but initially was listed. A new (to me) vendor spoke and showed a video of new supplies -- one to help ostomates put on the appliances while coping with leakage: the Stomagenie. Also the SecurPress to improve barrier adhesion for some: https://stomagienics.com/ Unsure of the cost and probably not covered by insurance.

One speaker is a model and motivational speaker. She spoke generally about clothes -- no MAJOR tips I wasn't aware of -- but she's a bundle of positive energy. You can learn more about Jearlean Taylor here and if you need encouragement, go to her site where she lists some products. She's also on Facebook: https://www.jearleantaylor.com/pretty-girl-blues

Anyway, when I get more info and the sessions are ready to be viewed, I'll let you know. You may want to keep checking our local website for info: www.osgnv.org

Happy Tuesday!
Diane C
2000 MACE
2002 Colostomy
2020 Scar tissue removed
Diane C

If You Missed April Mid-Atlantic Virtual Regional Ostomy Conference

Post by Diane C »

Did you miss the Regional Virtual Ostomy Conference held on April 30?

You’ll be able to view the recordings from our special event at your convenience—either all at once or spread out over time!

ALREADY REGISTERED?
If you registered prior to the conference, you do NOT need to register again. You will automatically have access to the recordings via a post-conference Magic Link for viewing at your leisure. No additional registration fee.

NOT REGISTERED YET?
If you didn’t register prior to the conference, you DO need to register to view the recordings. You will then have access to the recordings via a Magic Link for viewing at your leisure. Registration fee: $10.

FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER:
Visit https://osgnv.org/
QUESTIONS?:
Email: osgnvllc@cox.net

The 2022 Mid-Atlantic Virtual Regional Ostomy Conference was presented on April 30 by the Ostomy Support Group of Northern Virginia (OSGNV, LLC) and its satellite: Mary Washington Healthcare
Ostomy Connections Support Group, Fredericksburg, Virginia
Diane C
2000 MACE
2002 Colostomy
2020 Scar tissue removed