Decline in Convatec's Products and Service

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
steiconi

Re: Decline in Convatec's Products and Service

Post by steiconi »

Not life threatening, but my last two pouches have had issues. One had a tiny leak next to the ring, the other came untuppered from the wafer.
Geeze
Lee

I am not my disease.
sabresfan18

Post by sabresfan18 »

steiconi wrote: 2022-06-22 23:40:00 Not life threatening, but my last two pouches have had issues. One had a tiny leak next to the ring, the other came untuppered from the wafer.
Geeze

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Thing is, none of these issues are "life-threatening" right? But we, as consumers, need to hold Convatec to a higher standard. I have done that by transitioning my supplies to another company.

They need to get their quality control issues under control.
sabresfan18

Post by sabresfan18 »

Here's an article I found from last month that gives some insight as to what's going on at Convatec from a financial standpoint. Them cutting corners when it comes to quality control makes sense, but it doesn't make it acceptable.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/three-decli ... 42317.html
NEskier

Post by NEskier »

Thing is, none of these issues are "life-threatening" right? But we, as consumers, need to hold Convatec to a higher standard. I have done that by transitioning my supplies to another company.

Just out of curiosity, what brand did you switch to? I have used the same products from Convatec since 1984. The furthest 'experiment' I ever had was trying Durahesive (hated it) vs Stomahesive flanges.
Mara

Post by Mara »

Ditto to what NEskier said - I am still satisfied with my Convatec products that I also have used for decades. I never even tried the Durahesive....lol...my theory is why mess with success or near success.

Whenever I have had an issue I call Convatec and get a replacement box. My pouches (401934) in a recent order were all wrinkled up for some odd reason - never saw that before. Called Convatec and got a new box...case closed....
Ileostomy due to UC - 50 odd years
sabresfan18

Post by sabresfan18 »

NEskier wrote: 2022-06-23 13:07:06

Just out of curiosity, what brand did you switch to? I have used the same products from Convatec since 1984. The furthest 'experiment' I ever had was trying Durahesive (hated it) vs Stomahesive flanges.
I switched to Coloplast. Is it perfect? No. Am I getting better with the supplies and adapting? Absofreakinglutely. And the pouches are leaps and bounds better than Convatec's new line.

Coloplast will send you samples for free -- of both the flanges and the pouches. And trust me, they send you enough to mess around with and have some failed changes.

I would highly recommend reaching out to Coloplast or Hollister and seeing what might be available to you. Both companies are extremely generous with samples.

Also, my DM's are open should you have any questions or concerns.
sabresfan18

Post by sabresfan18 »

Mara wrote: 2022-06-23 13:14:29 Ditto to what NEskier said - I am still satisfied with my Convatec products that I also have used for decades. I never even tried the Durahesive....lol...my theory is why mess with success or near success.

Whenever I have had an issue I call Convatec and get a replacement box. My pouches (401934) in a recent order were all wrinkled up for some odd reason - never saw that before. Called Convatec and got a new box...case closed....
Mara, respectfully, I think a big part of the reason you're still satisfied with Convatec is the fact that the pouches you utilize were NOT a part of this re-design by Convatec. Thus the product you've used for a significant amount of time remains unimpacted. This is compared to many of us who are having actual adverse physical (and social) dilemmas due to the changes Convatec implemented to our products.

I am not trying to get anyone to change from Convatec if it's working for you. I think you should utilize what products make you the most confident and comfortable. I'm trying to provide outlets to customers that WERE impacted by this re-design and didn't experience an open-and-shut case like the only one you describe with your supplies.

Thanks.