Weight Loss Surgery with Ostomy

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
Montreaux

Re: Weight Loss Surgery with Ostomy

Post by Montreaux »

Here it is, in late June 2022 -- and I too, am hoping to be able to "receive" (be a candidate for) a gastric surgery, specifically a lap-band. Six years ago (in 2026) I had a colostomy, due to a gangrenous large intestine (iatrogenic). (sp?) Seems to me, the very brief internet research I've done indicates no conflicts with having a colostomy and undergoing a lap-band procedure... Does anyone have anything to add? Warnings? Am I incorrect in my presumption? Suggestions? I eagerly welcome all input!

It has been eye-opening to read / learn that fellow colostomy patients (post surgery) have also experienced weight gain, even though their life style, diet, etc has not changed! Wow! I thought:
(1) it was just me!
(2) I attributed it (significantly) to the anti-depressant medications I was taking. (Whoa, that Ability puts 100 lbs. on ya in just one year!)

If anyone else has had similar experiences to share, and/or SOLUTIONS or SUGGESTIONS -- I'd love to hear from you!

Thank you friends! Take care, stay well!
lolapergola

Post by lolapergola »

I'm having a gastric sleeve in 10 weeks time. I hated the idea of a bypass as you lose nutritional goodness .
I so wish the other people on the thread who have had these ops would come back on and share their experiences !
lolapergola

Post by lolapergola »

A month post gastric sleeve if anyone has any questions x
To Dream a Dream

Post by To Dream a Dream »

Hello lolapergola: So good to see you posting. Although I am unfamiliar with these procedures, I hope that things are going well for you postop.
Crohn's Dx '66 (perforated ileum)
Multiple Bowel Resections
Ileo '77 Revision '85
Celiac Dx
lolapergola

Post by lolapergola »

Hi Dreamy ! my daughter just got married in a dress not unlike your picture :) x
To Dream a Dream

Post by To Dream a Dream »

I used to resemble my avatar, a long time ago. My niece was married this past weekend in a Ren Faire themed wedding. She had made all the gowns. Always gives me a lift to see your avatar. It's coming up on a year since I adopted a beautiful female white Angora cat. She has big blue eyes.
Crohn's Dx '66 (perforated ileum)
Multiple Bowel Resections
Ileo '77 Revision '85
Celiac Dx