Colon removal and diabetes relaxation

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
Skipjones

Colon removal and diabetes relaxation

Post by Skipjones »

Good morning I'm new to this site. I ask this question to CDC, and UOA, and American diabetes ass. All said good question but no one had any answers. I did find a article 2018 but that's as far as it gone I have emailed thus university to see if I can get more answers.
The doctor say I'm a diabetic but only because I'm alway dehydrated. For example I go into the hospital they say your a diabetic but after a day with fluids given to rehydrate me. I'm no longer a diabetic. No sugar in my urine. My A1C 6.8 to 7
My sugar reading in morning can be anywhere from 130 to 150 I eat breakfast it goes to about 200 then 3 hrs back to what it was in morning something it does drop down to 100. Especially if I'm drinking alot. Half the fluids I have go out the ileostomy. So the kidney and bladder are not getting all the fluids. I did just read that high reading may not really be a diabetic do other issues like sickness or other issues so my question is I'm truly a diabetic. Just a note the medicine they giving pill to hard and does not at all lower it. As it doesn't go to the correct part. It passes through.
Anyway looking for answers if not maybe there should be a study on this. Thanks Ernie
Bob Webtech
Site Admin

Re: Colon removal and diabetes relaxation

Post by Bob Webtech »

One striking aspect of your description is "Half the fluids I have go out the ileostomy." This raises the question exactly what fluids you're drinking. If the fluids you drink are hypertonic (too much dissolved stuff), osmotic forces may draw water out of your body, resulting in high stoma output and contributing to dehydration. Have you looked into using oral rehydration solutions?
Bob Baumel, UOAA discussion board administrator
Skipjones

Re: Colon removal and diabetes relaxation

Post by Skipjones »

Yes I drink IV liquid I also drink Gatorade I drink lots of water. But at night when I sleep I still lose liquid. If I wanted to forever be on the brat diet it be firmer. When I get a bug or bad food. I end up in the hospital dehydrated and every thing going out the bag. Nothing going to the kidney or blader. Because of this I cannot drink enough to slow or stop it. Hospital has to IV and after what ever caused has passed then it starts slowly back to normal. I say everything goes out the bag. This has been proven. ER didn't believe me I had nothing in my blader so they cath. Me nothing there. Like I said there 2 article that address no colon to diabetic. The article from the University in 2018 said after 18 yrs people like me get classified as diabetic. The other article I read said just because your number are high doesn't mean your a diabetic due colon or other organ removed. So I like to see a study done. Just because my number are am I really one since I don't have a colon which regulates body fluid