looking for continence nursing preceptor

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
pastdnt

looking for continence nursing preceptor

Post by pastdnt »

Hi all,

I am currently enrolled in Emory University's Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nursing program. I'm looking for a nursing preceptor so I can complete the clinical portion for the continence module. I am expected to obtain 40 hours.

I am based in southeastern Pennsylvania but I am able to travel within the Tri-state area.

My nursing background has primarily concentrated on inpatient psych and hospice. My goal for acquiring a wound, ostomy and continence certification is to provide nursing support in underserved communities, especially rural communities.

If this is something you or someone you know may be amenable to, please PM me. I have contacted folks through preceptor directories on the Northeast Region WOCN directory and the WOCN Society directory, and wanted to expand my search here because of low response rates or outdated information found on them.

Thank you.
To Dream a Dream

Re: looking for continence nursing preceptor

Post by To Dream a Dream »

Have you tried the Guthrie Clinic in NEPA? It's a predominantly rural area & does have a WOCN to the best of my knowledge. (Of course, things can change quickly in the medical field today.) But it may give you a lead.
Crohn's Dx '66 (perforated ileum)
Multiple Bowel Resections
Ileo '77 Revision '85
Celiac Dx
pastdnt

Re: looking for continence nursing preceptor

Post by pastdnt »

I have not, but I will check them out. Thank you.