The Phoenix Magazine Spring 2023

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
To Dream a Dream

The Phoenix Magazine Spring 2023

Post by To Dream a Dream »

The new issue of The Phoenix arrived in my mailbox yesterday. Appropriately on St. Valentine's Day as it featured a lovely wedding photo of a happy couple who each have an ostomy. My best to Taylor & Michael who found love despite the challenges of life.
Another great issue full of instructional, practical & insightful articles to help those who have had ostomy surgery recently or long ago. Among my favorites: excellent Advice from Adam who describes his own journey From Illness and Pain with a relatable positive perspective.
A New Purpose by Rolf Benirschke presents how a young 'Former Marine embarks on a new path after ileostomy surgery.' A path marked by courage, inner strength & sheer determination.
Among the more technical: Breathing for Healing by Charlotte Foley, MS, OTR/L, CBIS regarding Techniques to reduce hernias, infection and pain after ostomy surgery.
Intestinal Adaptation by Danielle Gaffen, RDN outlining How the gut can and can't adapt after ostomy surgery.
Chronic Obstructions by Sharon K. Hepburn, PT -- Treating bowel obstructions with non-surgical bodywork.
And for those most scientifically minded: Getting a Healthy Gut by David E. Beck, MD -- How gut dysbiosis and the gut brain axis impact our health.
The list continues with such excellent resources proving to each & every one of us that 'We are not alone.'
With heartfelt thanks to all who participate in producing The Phoenix.
Crohn's Dx '66 (perforated ileum)
Multiple Bowel Resections
Ileo '77 Revision '85
Celiac Dx