Does Chinese Food cause gas problems

Share the non-ostomy part of your life (but please limit the random jokes!).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderator: Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
Gr8g8ts

Does Chinese Food cause gas problems

Post by Gr8g8ts »

I am 2.5 years since colostomy and am finally managing quite well. I recently lost a lot of weight and I want to keep it off and so I am very picky about what I eat. So this is really trivial in the grand scheme of things but my favorite food which I allow myself occasionally (and really look forward to) is Chinese food which I get 'to go'. BUT when I eat it I get the bag full of foam syndrome. It usually takes until night time to correct itself but I was wondering if anyone has an idea as to how to prevent it. I use a Hollister one piece which holds up really well but I worry that all this gas will defeat it :| . Thanks.
To Dream a Dream

Re: Does Chinese Food cause gas problems

Post by To Dream a Dream »

Have you tried Mei Fun? It is made with rice noodles & a light sauce.
Crohn's Dx '66 (perforated ileum)
Multiple Bowel Resections
Ileo '77 Revision '85
Celiac Dx
ot dave

Post by ot dave »

I love me some Chinese food. But, I know that when I go to eat it, that I need to be near a restroom within 30-60 minutes afterward. It completely empties my colon! I think that I have narrowed it down to the fried stuff. I believe that the oil they cook with is peanut oil. I've had other foods cooked in peanut oil set me off as well. I have found that if I avoid the fried stuff, it doesn't give me any issues.
I have also discovered that other oils get me too. Whole nuts like almonds set me off. And certain fish oils, especially salmon get me too. Now, I did not figure this out overnight. It took me several years to narrow down the culprits, so it may take you some time as well.
Just keep in mind, that what affects one person may have no effect on another. We are all unique and built differently.
Hope that helps some.

David
stage III rectal CA 12/08 - colostomy 3/09
"Gatoring since 2010"
Psalms 91:2
cdogtom

Post by cdogtom »

ot dave wrote: 2019-08-21 08:45:06 I love me some Chinese food. But, I know that when I go to eat it, that I need to be near a restroom within 30-60 minutes afterward. It completely empties my colon! I think that I have narrowed it down to the fried stuff. I believe that the oil they cook with is peanut oil. I've had other foods cooked in peanut oil set me off as well. I have found that if I avoid the fried stuff, it doesn't give me any issues.
I have also discovered that other oils get me too. Whole nuts like almonds set me off. And certain fish oils, especially salmon get me too. Now, I did not figure this out overnight. It took me several years to narrow down the culprits, so it may take you some time as well.
Just keep in mind, that what affects one person may have no effect on another. We are all unique and built differently.
Hope that helps some.

David
a oldey but good advise for some ,thanks ot Dave