bug bites

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
DOUGSTENZEL

bug bites

Post by DOUGSTENZEL »

I have an ileostomy bag. I am constantly being bitten by some form of bug in my home - this has been going on for months. Almost exclusively on my rear - both cheeks. Our home is very clean, I do not beleive we have bed bugs but obviously that is a possiblility. I initially felt that perhaps miequetoes were in the toilet as I felt the bites after using the toilet but I also have felt the bites when in my bed. I sleep with my wife in the same bed - she is not being bitten. Has anyone else had this problem. I am at my wits end as my sleep is being distrubted almost every night.
JerryNYC

Re: bug bites

Post by JerryNYC »

The fact that your wife is not affected and that you have these sensations only in a specific area strongly suggests that they may not be "bugs" at all but a skin issue. People who have similar problems tend to scratch their skin a lot and the subsequent damage from scratching may give a further sense that something is infecting their skin. But I strongly doubt that your ileostomy bad has anything to do with this. I suggest that you see a dermatologist about this issue. If it is a "bug"of some sort, the only way to diagnose this it to actually find and identify the "intruder". You may be able to bring in some skin scrapings from under your fingernails to see if anything can be identified. Another possibility is that this is an illusion of some sort and you really do believe that you are being attacked by "bugs". This is known medically as "delusional parasitosis" and a dermatologist may be able to help you deal with this.
ron in mich.

Re: bug bites

Post by ron in mich. »

hi Doug its sounds like maybe dry skin from dehydration from your ilieo. let us know if you figure it out.