HELP - Insurance screwed up my Wafer Order

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
ElizabethW

HELP - Insurance screwed up my Wafer Order

Post by ElizabethW »

Hi all,

HELP! I need 1-2 Sur-Fit Natura Durahesive Moldable Convex Wafer 4-1/2" x 4-1/2" Item # 51404593 by tomorrow at 11 am EST!
:shock: and I only have ONE wafer left - and a business trip/event for 500 on Thursday. I leave tomorrow at about 11:30 to get there.
I am willing to Venmo the FED EX before 10 am overnight charges, plus any $$ you might want for the wafers. I would take the same Sur-fit wafer in non-convex as well!!! I am desperate!!

Why don't I have supplies? This the first time in 12 years I have been in this situation. My insurance, (the same insurance I have had for 12 years), apparently changed two important things about ordering my supplies. 1] I used to be able to order 6 months at a time, and now it is month to month, and 2] They apparently are holding up my order for prior authorization. And they can continue to hold it for another 8 days. Add in the usual crappy service from edgepark - they can't even send me a sample because the order is in "process" - and of course, when I log into my account, it shows none of this information.

Can you help???
Signed, A desperate Elizabeth in New York
Bob Webtech
Site Admin

Re: HELP - Insurance screwed up my Wafer Order

Post by Bob Webtech »

Elizabeth,

UOAA's page on Emergency Supplies at https://www.ostomy.org/emergency-supplies/ may be a useful reference. If you're willing to pay out of pocket, the "Lower Cost Supply Options" at the bottom of that page may be helpful. I know that "Stomabags" (at the bottom of that list) has low prices and provides good service, and they say they can provide overnight delivery if you phone them. Parthenon also provides good service and says they offer overnight shipping.
Bob Baumel, UOAA discussion board administrator