Cooked Vegetables

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
LorrieFL

Cooked Vegetables

Post by LorrieFL »

Hello I am new to the discussion board I have a colostomy bag. I have had it for approximately three months. It’s been a very difficult journey for me. And still is.

My question is about cooked vegetables. I made homemade snap green beans with potatoes last night. Today it went through me like I don’t know what! My stomach has been so upset and out of whack I’m wondering with the cooked green beans tear me up like that?
Thanks to all that respond I appreciate it.
steiconi

Re: Cooked Vegetables

Post by steiconi »

I think we all have different trigger foods.
Maybe make a point of making sure veggies are very well cooked, at least for a while longer. Your body is still healing and is more fragile than it was, and probably isn't handling fiber well.

Also, are you sure the veggies are the culprit? Practically anything can be contaminated and cause issues...
Lee

I am not my disease.
LorrieFL

Post by LorrieFL »

Thank you I appreciate your suggestions. I’m trying to back off the fiber. Although I think I also may have had some kind of stomach too. Which is weird to me - after colon surgery you still can pick up a bug? I know I sound kinda dumb but this is all still so new to my husband an me. Thanks 😊
LorrieFL

Post by LorrieFL »

Meant to say stomach bug! Lol
steiconi

Post by steiconi »

We're probably MORE susceptible to intestinal issues than before!
Lee

I am not my disease.
LorrieFL

Post by LorrieFL »

Oh boy! Have I got a lot to learn!

LorrieFL ( fka puplover). 😎
mkeghe

Post by mkeghe »

I would suggest that you try only one new food at a time. Small amount to see how you do with it. Keep a log of food and how you feel. If something gives you trouble wait a few months and try it again. Chew, chew, chew! Foods that I couldn't tolerate 2 years ago I can eat with no problems now.