Just checking -- anything askew with supply chain?

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
ileo73

Just checking -- anything askew with supply chain?

Post by ileo73 »

Placed my order and was told it was on backorder.

I've got supplies to tide me over but I always fret over whether it's going to be a long backorder (though it hasn't been yet)

Using Hollister soft convex -- any reason to think it may be more than a week or so before the backorder is filled?
Mara

Re: Just checking -- anything askew with supply chain?

Post by Mara »

That's why I have almost a year's worth of my supplies....I don't use that much so one month's order lasts me for 2 1/2 months....I love when the customer order rep asks how much I have left - evidently some Medicare rule - and I say maybe enough for a week or so...lol....

You should really try to stock up if at all possible even if it's a matter of paying out of pocket...there are enough issues without thinking about running low on our supplies...at least imho....

And I don't know about Hollister...sorry...
Ileostomy due to UC - 50 odd years
ileo73

Post by ileo73 »

I think we're on the same wavelengths, Mara.
cosmo123

Post by cosmo123 »

Excellent question. I worry about the same thing too. When China invade Taiwan.(and they will) I wonder how that will affect ostomy supplies.
Mara

Post by Mara »

cosmo123 wrote: 2023-04-07 15:07:50 Excellent question. I worry about the same thing too. When China invade Taiwan.(and they will) I wonder how that will affect ostomy supplies.
I didn't think ostomy supplies came from China...I just did a quick search for where Convatec ostomy supplies are made and this was the answer:

"Our production sites are carefully chosen and placed at low-risk geographies in Denmark, Slovakia, and Mexico. Our facilities are FDA inspected / MDSAP certified with Clean room Class 8 within ISO 13485."
steiconi

Post by steiconi »

I can't even get my supplier (180 medical) to respond; I placed an order two weeks ago, then followed up a few days ago, but...crickets
Lee

I am not my disease.
Mara

Post by Mara »

steiconi, I would certainly change my supplier if I were you! I always place my orders over the phone, not online, so I know immediately if there is any problem. I usually receive my order in two days.....
To Dream a Dream

Post by To Dream a Dream »

If it is economically feasible for you, you might consider paying out of pocket for an emergency supply.
Crohn's Dx '66 (perforated ileum)
Multiple Bowel Resections
Ileo '77 Revision '85
Celiac Dx
JerryNYC

Post by JerryNYC »

I have been dealing with Byram for many years and have not seen anything like that. Yesterday I received a large shipment of supplies for an order I had placed just 4 days earlier.