Ileostomy issues.

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
ThatFLguy

Ileostomy issues.

Post by ThatFLguy »

For those who have read my post “what to do” I have an appointment with my surgeon on the 16th of October but I am dealing with a lot of pain and want some advice.

I have a loop Ileostomy and it keeps outputing from the secondary hole that is very near my skin line. It hurts enough to bring tears to my eyes and I have a high pain tolerance. Ostomy support team is aware of this and are part of the reason why I ended up getting a second opinion about my Ostomy. They felt that gastrointestinal problems were too blame and wanted me to give my Ostomy time to heal. (Got it in April 2022)

The issue is that it nothing I have tried has made it better. Every time it outputs it hurts enough to make me cry. I have been trying to live with it but it is just getting to me. I have almost went to the emergency room a few times but it stops being really bad after it is done outputting. It still hurts but not like during an output.

It is one of the biggest reasons why I am going to be getting a reversal done.

Just needed to vent.
I fart in your general direction!
Mysticobra

Re: Ileostomy issues.

Post by Mysticobra »

It's ok to vent.
We have to have an outlet where you can find someone that can relate.
Loops are nasty. Hard to take care of and burn the dickens out of your skin.
They are painful.
I had one for awhile myself. Hated it. I have an end ileo now.
No comparison.
I have no advice. Just feel for Ya. They hurt.
By what you described seems like they'd get you in sooner.
That's a long wait.
Richard.