Having your gall bladder removed while you have a stoma or two

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
oliveoyl

Having your gall bladder removed while you have a stoma or two

Post by oliveoyl »

Has anyone had their gall bladder removed after their stoma was created? This might be in my future. I've got two stomas. It doesn't have anything to do with your intestines, does it? I'm no longer a candidate for any kind of intestinal surgery. I guess it's a pretty common surgery now, isn't it?

Remember that cowboy series, Longmire? It was really good, so of course it was cancelled. Longmire's deputy said, "Trouble's coming sheriff." Longmire replied, "Trouble's always coming." It sure is, sheriff, it sure is.
Olive
Crohn's. 2 stomas. Permanent ileostomy, mucous fistula
"I yam what I yam." Popeye
JohnCarr

Re: Having your gall bladder removed while you have a stoma or two

Post by JohnCarr »

My gallbladder was removed a few years after my ileostomy surgery. No problems. Belly was sore for a few days and then back to normal activity. Good luck to you.
lolapergola

Post by lolapergola »

Hi Olive , I have 2 stoma's and had my gall bladder removed with no problems at all .It was keyhole surgery and the 4 little scars are nowhere near my stoma's .I paid for it privately as the NHS list was so long , but it was worth it as the pain was excrutiating . A gall stone had dropped onto my liver and they told me I had an unidentified growth on it ,I was terrified .Turned out to be a large green stone which they gave me to keep ( I didn't ) !! might have done if it was an emerald :)
Lola.x
Xdelta

Post by Xdelta »

How or was there any change in output ?--I was told you may experience some diarrhea--I may have to get G. B.
Thanks
lolapergola

Post by lolapergola »

No ,I had no change in output
L.
Xdelta

Post by Xdelta »

Thanks --I was kind of wondering, I had heard it could cause slight diarrhea
lbmaynard

Post by lbmaynard »

Hello, my gallbladder was removed 1yr after my ileostomy. I was fine, went home the same day. I just had a little discomfort, but after 2wks the pain was gone.
Xdelta

Post by Xdelta »

Thanks, what kind of symptoms did your G. B. give you
Take care and thanks
Mr2002

Post by Mr2002 »

Is anyone in Atlanta area got the gall bladder removed with the existing pouch ? I spoke to few surgeons and they are not optimistic about the laproscopic option. Only one surgeon was willing and he also said only 50% chances of laproscopic surgery. Are there any risks with laproscopic? The surgeon said they cannot see clearly and don’t have good access to gall bladder due to my stoma /pouch position ( right side , lower )
donaldc

Post by donaldc »

Yes 10 days after Ileostomy surgery, no problem other than they had to do it old fashion way(full incision)
Ileostomy 6-11-07