For information and questions on how to use the discussion board (do not post ostomy related questions in this area!).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct. This particular area of our board is only for issues on how to use the board, not for ostomy-related questions!
Larry

Animated gif file was too BIG

Post by Larry »

Mara,

Your animated gif was toooo big for the Avatar (6231 bytes):

Last edited by Larry on 2005-10-09 15:19:12, edited 1 time in total.
Larry

Revised photos

Post by Larry »

engdaddy,

I tried to lighten up your original photo!

Larry
Last edited by Larry on 2005-10-09 19:13:58, edited 6 times in total.
Mara

Post by Mara »

Thanks, bbxlt!

Larry seems to have resurrected him temporarily at least.... :lol:

He wiggles around on a couple of other boards so I think he gets enough exercise for a cat anyway......

I must admit even though this new board format does not thrill me - my purple kitty kat does makes me feel more at home :D

Briefly changing the subject does anyone know how to change the time - according to my preview I am four hours ahead of myself.....
Eric E

Thanks Larry!

Post by Eric E »

Thanks Larry,

Though, I am a bit more old-school. I like my "square" style. I must be a square, but oh well. I will try to find a more interesting pick, though. The one I have was from conference, and I really had a blast at the conference, so to me, its memorable in a sense! But thanks for trying to spice up my picture! One day I might convert... Have a good one and keep on bagg'n! Out.
Larry

New & Improved engdaddy

Post by Larry »

engdaddy,

I LIGHTENED up your original photo in Paint Shop Pro :P

versus your original (old :cry: drab engdaddy) photo:

Can you dig it engdaddy?
Last edited by Larry on 2005-10-09 19:20:42, edited 3 times in total.
Bob Webtech
Site Admin

Post by Bob Webtech »

Mara,

Larry was right - it didn't accept your animated GIF because it exceeded the size limit (by default, 6 kilobytes = 6144 bytes). I've brought your cat back to life by replacing it with an animation with fewer frames so it fits within the size limit. Thus, the board doesn't inherently reject animated GIFs. (But let's go easy on them, okay?) And I haven't changed the original 6 kb size limit.

About setting your time zone: In your Profile, if you want US Eastern time during the summer, set it to GMT - 4 hours. When daylight savings time ends, you'll have to reset it to GMT - 5 hours. This software doesn't adjust for daylight savings time automatically.

Note: GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) is a historical term, often used as a synonym for Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). For more info, see the US Naval Observatory page on Universal Time.

Bob
Last edited by Bob Webtech on 2005-10-09 20:37:06, edited 1 time in total.
bbxlt

Post by bbxlt »

Ok Larry....you got us all looking daper...now how do I get this signature system to work? I added it to my profile and checked the box to have it shown. Even have made sure that it is checked below..but still a no go. :cry:
NEVER GIVE UP/ WHAT DOES NOT KILL US OUT RIGHT----JUST MAKES US STRONGER!!!!!
Mara

Post by Mara »

Bob - You are definitely the MAN!!

Thanks for my lively kitty kat and explaining how to set the time correctly.

Although as far as I know GMT is the same as time in London and there is a five hour difference. Does the board use that other time called UTC which is four hours different now?

:D
Last edited by Mara on 2005-10-09 19:34:24, edited 1 time in total.
Sarah B.

Post by Sarah B. »

Yeah! Got mine going!
Lots of Love, Sarah

Ileostomy since 9/04
Larry

Post by Larry »

Bob,

Did my touch-up work on your original photo?

Larry
Last edited by Larry on 2005-10-09 19:48:06, edited 2 times in total.
Bob Webtech
Site Admin

Post by Bob Webtech »

Larry, thanks for all your retouching attempts on my photo, although perhaps it was getting a bit excessive (e.g., by editing the sideburns, you were making me look younger, which could be considered a bit dishonest. The gray is really there. In fact, there's even more gray now than there was when that photo was taken at the 2004 UOA Conference).

Here's what I've done now: I've gone back to my original version--because in some ways, the JPEG quality was degrading with all the retouching--and edited it myself to reduce the eyeglass glare using a nice Mac shareware program called GraphicConverter.

Bob
Last edited by Bob Webtech on 2005-10-09 21:23:43, edited 3 times in total.
Bob Webtech
Site Admin

Signatures

Post by Bob Webtech »

bbxlt,

As site administrator, it's my decision whether to allow signatures. So far, I haven't enabled them, as I've noticed that on other boards which use them, they seem to take up lots of space needlessly. If you want me to activate signatures, you'll have to give me a really good reason for doing so!

It's curious that this software allows you to enter a signature in your Profile and say you want it to be active, even though I haven't enabled signatures in the general site configuration (Similarly, it lets you specify that you'd like to use HTML in your postings, even though HTML is disallowed in the general site configuration).

Bob
Dave in NY

Post by Dave in NY »

I just wanted to see if this worked Had to go black and white to get it to fit.
I will work on it
bbxlt

Post by bbxlt »

Bob: Thanks for the info on the signature ?. Do not realy need it just saw it and wanted to give it a try......thanks for a great medium.
NEVER GIVE UP/ WHAT DOES NOT KILL US OUT RIGHT----JUST MAKES US STRONGER!!!!!