Support for Silverdale/Bremerton/Seattle WA.

This is the place to post announcements for chat rooms, support group special events and newsletters (please do not post such messages in the regular discussion forums).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
blazeinthedarkness

Support for Silverdale/Bremerton/Seattle WA.

Post by blazeinthedarkness »

Wondering, are there any support groups near Silverdale/Bremerton WA. or the nearby areas? I used to belong to one, but 1) It disbanded years ago and 2) it was all older folks (70+). If anyone knows of one, please email me at blazeinthedarkness@yahoo.com.
Thank you.
Caroline

Tacoma Meeting

Post by Caroline »

There is a Tacoma support group that meets the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7 PM at Jackson Hall across the street from Tacoma General Hospital, 314 South Martin Luther King Way, Tacoma, Washington

That would be tomorrow night.
blazeinthedarkness

Thank you for your help.
Colostomy for 10 years.
Cool kid for life.
LeeAnn

Post by LeeAnn »

There is also a Seattle group. Though I am not sure when it meets. The contact info for all Washington Affiliated support groups is under the link for ASGs. There is also one in the Snohomish area. (mind you, I was a young teen when moved from that area, so may be sending you to tim buck two.... and not meaning to)............. here is the link for the ASGs in Washington State:

http://www.uoaa.org/supportgroups.shtml#WASHINGTON

Now the one that meets tonight, as listed on the ASG list, the contact person is Steve Strizic, you will have to use the phone to get in contact with him, as his computer is a bit under the weather at this time.....

Best of luck to you. Also keep in mind that even if it is full of 'older' ones, there is much to learn from them and wayyyyyyyyyyy too many laughs. I have gone to some of my best meetings and been surrounded by the 'older' ones and never laughed so much in my life........ (I am only in early 30's). Alot of them may be older in body, but they are sure younger in heart.

LeeAnn
You are always right where you need to be to take the next step beyond .GF
blazeinthedarkness

Thanks for the information.
Can't really get to Seattle in time, but I'll look into it.
:D
Colostomy for 10 years.
Cool kid for life.