Signature

For information and questions on how to use the discussion board (do not post ostomy related questions in this area!).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct. This particular area of our board is only for issues on how to use the board, not for ostomy-related questions!
KristinK

Signature

Post by KristinK »

I've tried several times to add my "signature" to my posts. is this feature disabled..or am I just that computer illiterate :roll: ?

Very frustrated,
Kristin
Bob Webtech
Site Admin

Post by Bob Webtech »

Kristin,

I chose not to enable that feature - see my reply to bbxlt on that topic in an earlier thread.

Bob
erica

Post by erica »

Bob,
Allowing signatures would give us a place to briefly list diagnoses and type of procedure/ostomy. I noticed that people are explaining over and over what they "have" in the content of their message. I'm picturing simple line at the end of their post that would say it all and save the monotony of typing it every time.
example:
"UC- subtotal colectomy 1/24/06, considering J-Pouch"
Plus, it's right there with your post, more convenient than referencing the person's profile- as suggested in another thread.
Just a thought...
Erica
DCwom

Post by DCwom »

Geez,

I've been fighting to make my signiture work for all this time, I should have checked out the help section long ago.

I agree that a signature, or method of indicating ostmy type, etc would be a good thing, are there options to restrite the signiture to say 1 or 2 lines? Maybe even better would be a way to add it to the profile, and then have it displayed under the avatar.
DCwom
Member #470
Colostomy April 2002
Bob Webtech
Site Admin

Post by Bob Webtech »

We have enabled the display of signatures. If you have already entered a signature in your profile, you should find that it displays now with your postings. We do ask that you limit your signature to text-only. No pictures (such as the "dolls" you may see in signatures on some other boards), and no larger-than-normal text. If we find any signatures that violate these terms, we will delete the signature and notify the offending user.

We are also limiting the length of signatures to 75 characters. The software will enforce this limit whenever you edit your signature or create a new one. If you have an existing signature which exceeds the 75-character limit, please edit it to be consistent with this limit.
Bob Baumel, UOAA discussion board administrator
soozl

signature

Post by soozl »

That's a good idea to have medical info in your signature line. More medical info can be put in your profile under Interests....see Eric E.'s (our moderator) profile to see how he has done it.
Sue L.
dx CRC3 5/06, 6 wks chemo/rad, perm. colo. 8/06, 8 FOLFOX6's, neuropathy