Are there any support groups in Olympia or Aberdeen, WA?

This is the place to post announcements for chat rooms, support group special events and newsletters (please do not post such messages in the regular discussion forums).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
superauntie

Are there any support groups in Olympia or Aberdeen, WA?

Post by superauntie »

I go in for a surgery consult on the 26th. month, and though I am excited to have the ileostomy done, I'm also nervous. I am especially nervous about wearing a bag on my side and what to do if it leaks in public.

Does anyone know if there is a support group for people with ostomies in the Olympia area of Washington State? Or, if there's any in the Aberdeen area? My urologist suggested that I go to a support group to talk to people about my worries before the surgery, but I haven't been able to find any support groups nearby.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

Jessie
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

Yes! In Olympia at St. Peters Hospital. PM me and i will give you the contact info for the group. You can also go to the top of this page and click on Support Groups and it will list all affiliated groups by state and the Olympia group is listed there.
Steve
Ileostomy in 1990 for UC.
The mind wobbles.......