QUOTING another person's post in reply

For information and questions on how to use the discussion board (do not post ostomy related questions in this area!).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct. This particular area of our board is only for issues on how to use the board, not for ostomy-related questions!
SueSueUSA

QUOTING another person's post in reply

Post by SueSueUSA »

Dear Bob~~I have done a search under "quote" and "copy a quote", etc and cannot seem to find how to make the quote button work (in the upper right of a post). Can you please enlighten me. Thanks!
Colo. 2003
If you are going through Hell,
keep going-W. Churchill
majormom2u

Re: QUOTING another person's post in reply

Post by majormom2u »

SueSueUSA wrote:Dear Bob~~I have done a search under "quote" and "copy a quote", etc and cannot seem to find how to make the quote button work (in the upper right of a post). Can you please enlighten me. Thanks!
Hi Sue!

You may do it either way... by hitting the "Quote" icon on the top right side of the person's message, or... by highlighting the body of the message and pasting it in your own replay... once it's pasted on your reply, highlight it again and hit the "Quote" button right under the Subject line (4th button from the left...)... if done the latter way, and you want to add the person's name just do this:
[color=red]name of person between quotation marks[/color] wrote: ... to do this, all you need to do is on the beginning "quote", add the equal sign and the name of the person between quotation marks before the end bracket... the latter way is specially helpful if you just want to quote part of the person's message as supposed to the whole message...

I hope this helps...

Sandy
Uhh.. That's my story and I'm sticking to it...
Linda in NJ

Post by Linda in NJ »

Just a brief add-on here ... for others who might read this.

Please pare down the quote text so your reply displays just the portion of the text you are responding to. If you are responding to the whole message, it isn't necessary to to the quote thing at all.

(I'm just lazy ... don't like to have to wade through all that the prior poster said to figure out which line it was that is being replied to.)

Thanks!
Lazy Linda in NJ
SueSueUSA

Post by SueSueUSA »

Please pare down the quote text[quote=Linda in NJ

:lol: just testing :lol: Thanks. I think something is wrong with this?
Colo. 2003
If you are going through Hell,
keep going-W. Churchill
LeeAnn

Post by LeeAnn »

you would type :
SueSueUSA wrote:I think something is wrong with this
so, what I did was typed (now, I am putting spaces so that it won't actually do it:

[ quote = " SueSueUSA" ] I think something is wrong with this [/quote]

I don't quote often. But, when I do quote just a line or two of someones post, I just type it out. or copy and paste it into the area. I don't hit the quote box on their post. That is just me. I always seem to end up with the whole darn post when I try to hit the quote thing on their post. So, I just do the copy and paste or type it out.

Does this help? Just remember that when you are actually doing it, you will do it without the spaces in there. And before you hit submit, you can always hit preview and see if it worked first.

LeeAnn
You are always right where you need to be to take the next step beyond .GF