private message

For information and questions on how to use the discussion board (do not post ostomy related questions in this area!).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct. This particular area of our board is only for issues on how to use the board, not for ostomy-related questions!
JJ

private message

Post by JJ »

can mods read private message? of course now i ask maybe they read mine, LOL :D
JJ ~~~ Ileostomy ~~~ Ulcerative Colitis
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

Only when they are sent directly to us by an individual.
Steve
Ileostomy in 1990 for UC.
The mind wobbles.......
LeeAnn

Post by LeeAnn »

A moderator cannot read an individual members PMs. These are your private messages. Only the webmaster could do this, if a circumstance warranted it. But, it is not something that is done without great issue and a severe issue warrants it. It is usually at the request of the member that something like this happen, and on their own account.
There are many things on here that a webmaster spends alot of time doing. Reading someone's PMs is not one of them.

LeeAnn
You are always right where you need to be to take the next step beyond .GF
thriftylady2

Re: private message

Post by thriftylady2 »

In composing a message, is there a place to click that allows "spell check?"
I'm not that great at spelling :(
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

I downloaded a free program called IeSpell. It works on everything and is found under the Tools button after downloading. I have used this for several years now.
Steve
The mind wobbles.......
cdogtom

Post by cdogtom »

i can not find lespell on google need direction
LindaAukett UOAA Advocacy

Post by LindaAukett UOAA Advocacy »

The text editor checks it as you go along - there isn't a checker that will go thru the entire text at once after you have finished, as with some text systems. So if you are entering text and see a dotted red line under a word, the system is suggesting that the word might not be spelled correctly. Right-click on the word with the dotted red line under it, and the system will give you some suggestions. You can even add to the dictionary if you want to.
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

I had to download the free iespell program. I don't have a text editor that works on webpages. It does not start with an "ell" but with an "eye".
I just did a Google and it comes right up as the first one.
Steve
The mind wobbles.......
cdogtom

Post by cdogtom »

my it man was on here trying to get it :roll:
Bob Webtech
Site Admin

Post by Bob Webtech »

To clarify, the ieSpell program recommended by Steve is (as suggested by its first two letters) an add-on for Microsoft Internet Explorer, which doesn't come with a built-in spell checker. Many other web browsers, including Firefox, Safari and Chrome, do have built-in spell checkers, so they don't need an extension of this sort. The procedure described by Linda applies to Firefox, but it's essentially the same with any of the browsers that have built-in spell checkers.

Along these lines, it's important to remember that any spell checking performed while you're composing a message is being done by your own web browser (or a browser extension such as ieSpell); it's not being done by software on our website. While you're composing, you aren't communicating with the software on our website -- leading to the important caution that if you take more than an hour to compose, you're in danger of getting logged off the board while composing, as discussed in the Trouble Posting thread, which also describes strategies for avoiding that problem.
Bob Baumel, UOAA discussion board administrator
cdogtom

Post by cdogtom »

thanks that cleared up all my questions :D