southeast conferences

This is the place to post announcements for chat rooms, support group special events and newsletters (please do not post such messages in the regular discussion forums).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
pspblp

southeast conferences

Post by pspblp »

are there any other conferences planned for the southeast? I can't make New Orleans, I live in Fla, would love something I could drive to in 1 day. thanks
granny & Leah
11/08 abcess drained
2/09 sigmoid resection, colostomy
LindaAukett UOAA Advocacy

Re: southeast conferences

Post by LindaAukett UOAA Advocacy »

HI,

It's national UOAA that sponsors the conferences like New Orleans this year and Reno in 2011. So-called "Regional conferences" in the in-between years are really dependent on local support groups to conceive, organize and put on. We don't know of any groups in the Southeast that are planning one, at this time. We encourage all the ASGs to think about it, but acknowledge that it's a lot of work for a small group to manage.

One can predict it will get even more difficult ... as more folks find their support through these online media, fewer will become part of the local groups, and the local face-to-face groups will have fewer hands to do the sort of work entailed. Which is why .... pause for breath as we're close to the end of the sermon .... we encourage people to get involved with a local group in addition to this online forum, when and if possible. Help keep them strong! (Or, If there isn't one nearby, work with a nurse to set one up!)