changing e-mail

For information and questions on how to use the discussion board (do not post ostomy related questions in this area!).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct. This particular area of our board is only for issues on how to use the board, not for ostomy-related questions!
Melanie

changing e-mail

Post by Melanie »

How do i change the e-mail i was reply notifactions to go to?

Thanks.
Melanie (22/College Grad)
Mitrofanoff 18 yrs
Colostomy 13 yrs
Latex Allergy
Bob Webtech
Site Admin

Re: changing e-mail

Post by Bob Webtech »

Melanie,

To change the e-mail address in your board profile, click "User Control Panel" near the upper left of the screen, then the "Profile" tab, then the "Edit account settings" link on the left side. You'll get a screen where you can change your e-mail address. (This is also the screen for changing your password.)

As it happens, when you change the e-mail in your profile, the board software temporarily inactivates your account, requiring an administrator to reactivate it. But we'll reactivate it when we see this has happened.
Bob Baumel, UOAA discussion board administrator
Melanie

Post by Melanie »

does it make sense that since my password is not within the character allotment, that I have to change it as well? I tried doing the e-mail thing, but the computer seems to be giving me a hard time about my password.
Mitrofanoff 18 yrs
Colostomy 13 yrs
Latex Allergy
Bob Webtech
Site Admin

Post by Bob Webtech »

Melanie,

Since the screen for changing your e-mail address also requires entering your current password, I assume the software noticed that your password doesn't meet the current requirement of at least 8 characters.

We've been very concerned about security since our board got hacked. As one response, I increased the minimum password length from 6 to 8 characters (which normally doesn't affect existing users unless they use that screen for changing e-mail address or password). A longer password is harder for the bad guys to "crack" in the event that they steal our user database again. I know it's an inconvenience to change your password again, but you'll be safer overall if you do it.
Bob Baumel, UOAA discussion board administrator
Melanie

Post by Melanie »

got it.. now hopefully i can remember my password. haha.
Mitrofanoff 18 yrs
Colostomy 13 yrs
Latex Allergy